Portico Update Bug List

Danny Steiger

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!

jd195

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
After the Portico update I can no longer stream youtube videos, it tells me an error occurred. Metrotube is no better. I have some downloaded youtube videos on the Youtube Downloader app, and I can watch those, but when I try to download or stream any other videos it tells me "Suitable video format was not found." Any tips on how to get my video streaming capabilities back?!

Appreciate the help!
I believe that is due to Google changing something in their api's to break third party apps in general, not the portico update.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I set my brightness to Medium all the time. I don't like auto-adjust... ever. I've had the same complaint with the Titan, Lumia 900, and the 920 pre-Portico too. Come to think of it, every time I had a battery issue in the beginning, I had auto-adjust enabled. Since turning it off, I've never had a battery issue... not a miracle cure all, I'm sure, but something to consider.

Anyway, bugs... I still get a triple notification when I'm on a call and get an email or text. It always gives a double text ding followed by the actual notification... text/text/text or text/text/email. VERY annoying.

Also, I still can't play WAV files... this isn't a showstopper, but it's definitely the most irksome issue I have.

I'm not experiencing any other issues. Haven't tried any Bluetooth stuff yet, but considering that's one of the "fixes" I would expect it to be a LOT better.

I haven't read through 25 pages of posts, but are most people complaining about the brightness issue what's the official bug summary list at this point?

TigerMyth36

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just updated, and I see zero improvement in the camera

Yeah, this has nothing to do with Portico. Google made changes to stop 3rd party apps on youtube.

14knickers

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Where's this "Answer with a message" option when a call comes in? Both my wife's 920 and mine are still getting the old "Answer" and "Ignore" options. Went into settings to see if it needed to be set up and the Text Reply function is set to On.

wut up wit dat?

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
During the upgrade, I lost my ROWI tile from the Start Screen. Strange.

Battery drained before the end of the day, but I chalked it up to Bluetooth usage and the update being applied off power. I placed it on the wireless charger last night and thought it had started the power cycled but didn't check it closely. This morning, the phone's screen was pulsing slightly while on the charger, just enough so there was a slight glow. When I picked it up it was dead and wouldn't boot. Plugged it into the wall charger and it appeared to start charging normally. It's now been 30 minutes and I still have the flashing battery sign, but the phone will not boot.

I also upgraded my Wife's phone and she immediately started having the issue with the display brightness. Haven't checked her phone after charging yet.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Here is my list of bugs I have noticed:

1. Before the update, my area was just recently upgraded to LTE. I had a solid LTE connection for about 5 days before Portico. After the update, my phone switches between 4g and LTE constantly.
2. The auto brightness bug people have been talking about. I sat on the living room floor and placed the phone on the floor after turning it on and I could see my screen's brightness "stutter step" down to a very dim setting, and then stutter step back up to a brighter setting. This was with NO smudges or anything on my ambient sensor and with the lights in the room not changing at all.
3. Going to this website on my phone, if I read a thread and want to comment, I would tap in the reply window that would bring up the on screen keyboard on my phone. Now, when I try that, the keyboard slides up and then slides right back down...basically it just flashes briefly and then disappears again. I can't type anything at all.

tboggs13

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
After an 75 minutes, it was still showing as charging and never booted into Windows. I did the reset with the volume + power button and it finally started. Battery showed 9% charge. After another 10 minutes with charge is now 15%. Seems it wasn't charging very well in the off state.

philharmonik

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Here is my list of bugs I have noticed:

1. Before the update, my area was just recently upgraded to LTE. I had a solid LTE connection for about 5 days before Portico. After the update, my phone switches between 4g and LTE constantly.
2. The auto brightness bug people have been talking about. I sat on the living room floor and placed the phone on the floor after turning it on and I could see my screen's brightness "stutter step" down to a very dim setting, and then stutter step back up to a brighter setting. This was with NO smudges or anything on my ambient sensor and with the lights in the room not changing at all.
3. Going to this website on my phone, if I read a thread and want to comment, I would tap in the reply window that would bring up the on screen keyboard on my phone. Now, when I try that, the keyboard slides up and then slides right back down...basically it just flashes briefly and then disappears again. I can't type anything at all.

Number 3 is happening to me as well.

ipeefreeli

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm still getting the random shutoff that requires a hard reset. It only happens at night, but it's happened 3 times in the last 5 days.

Is some app causing the phone to shutdown or something? I've already removed all the apps that people said were causing problems.

identity-x

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My auto-brightness is being wonky too. I'll keep the phone completely still and it will go medium to bright to low and back randomly. Had to turn auto brightness off.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Where's this "Answer with a message" option when a call comes in? Both my wife's 920 and mine are still getting the old "Answer" and "Ignore" options. Went into settings to see if it needed to be set up and the Text Reply function is set to On.

wut up wit dat?
LOL, good point. I see the option right there in the phone settings...it says its on...yet no option when someone calls.

This is turning out to be quite the update!

Are the people that are calling you in your contacts, and is the number they are calling from listed as a Mobile?

The phone won't try to send a text to a land line, and if they aren't in your contacts, the assumption is that it is a land line.

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few keyboard spelling oddities but they may just be related to the WPCentral app. I've seen it identify spelling errors that were not errors. It seems to be parsing related. One time it didn't see the beginning letter of the work and when I let it correct the word it then doubled up the beginning letter.

Naturewriter

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Since the update, I have experienced an ongoing problem with maintaining a solid LTE connection. I know that I am in a very strong signal area. As noted in another thread, I have also lost my "display+touch" feature.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I keep my brightness set to low with auto off. Everytime I turn off my phone and turn it back on it jacks the brightness to bat signal bright even tho its set go low. To correct it I have to set it to high then back to low. Stupid Nokia and Microsoft .
My battery is draining faster and I have all my setting the same before the update. Lolol the update did more damage than good . GG
I lose 2-3% everytime I turn the l920 off then on.

Last edited:

raymondromero

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So I kind of found a fix for the YouTube problem for me. Having the browser set to prefer the desktop site and going to YouTube.com in browser, instead of the mobile site, is working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney