Restore Nokia Maps after uninstalling a "Maps" app?

digdesign

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried out one of the Nokia Maps replacement apps called "Maps", which is designed to force map links to open within the old Bing Maps application.
Maps | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The problem is that after uninstalling this app, my map links still open in the old Bing Maps application instead of Nokia Maps. I've tried uninstalling both apps, soft resetting the phone, then reinstalling Nokia Maps but my map links still open in the old Bing Maps.

Does anyone know how to restore the default Nokia Maps behavior? I'd really like to avoid having to hard reset my phone.
Thanks

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
In the US, Nokia maps was never the default maps application. If you go to maps from anywhere that is not a Nokia application...e.g. Bing search, Local Scout, etc...it always opened the Bing maps app. Some people that wanted to use the Bing maps app would just pin Local Scout to their start screen just so they would have some gateway to it. The Maps app just made an easier way to get to it.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
did you ever find a way to get rid of Bing Maps as the default? I've been after the same solution but no luck so far.

Bing Maps isn't a default. HERE maps is. When you uninstall HERE maps, Bing takes over. Any maps or directions used from search button are Bing - because that is Bing button! But then it directs you to different maps and directions app to install and use when you use local scout for directions.

Immotab

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok let me explain, I have Maps installed and HERE Maps installed. I have added the addresses of all my family members in their contact entries. When I tap these addresses they are automatically opened in Maps. I want to be able to chose which app is used to open my addresses.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb