Nokia Lumia update Pr.1.1 FOR UK USERS

sstanton86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just signed up to the forum, I figured I might as well seeing as I read it more or less everyday.

Alas, the PR 1.1 update is out, but it seems like thats for those in the US & Canada, so I figured I would start a thread for those of us in the UK, to share the premature ''Christmas whine''.

I'm on EE (bought from Phones4u) and really would love to know if it's possible if I flashed one of the PR 1.1 updates for ORG-CH? I read somewhere that someone else did this, I just don't want my phone to brick!! :sweaty:

Dale Ski

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
There is always a risk in flashing firmware from another carrier one of the biggest ones I can see is will 4G bands be available and will the SIM still work?

From these forums it would seem most are flashing firmware onto their unlocked factory 920's??

Dale Ski

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I am sure that more firmware's will be made available for different carriers as time goes on and if your phone has no reboot issues etc then why the rush?

sstanton86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There is always a risk in flashing firmware from another carrier one of the biggest ones I can see is will 4G bands be available and will the SIM still work?

From these forums it would seem most are flashing firmware onto their unlocked factory 920's??

Hmm, maybe you're right! I don't even use 4g, yet i'm on EE. Just trying to find a way round it!

sstanton86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Drink some Dr. Pepper and say to yourself whilst flashing the firmware.... what's the worst that can happen!!? :p

Hahaha... I think I have been too presumptuos in believing ''059R4H0: RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_White'' Would work on mine, because I'm on EE (orange) and my handset is white! Duuh :unhappysweat:

bingobill

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm from the UK, my 920 is a Thailand unlocked, my network is 3UK and I just loaded the Belgian RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_belgium_464_02_120799_prd_signed.

Phone is still unlocked and working perfectly on 3UK, even though I don't have a 4G sim this is the first time I can actually select 4G in the settings.

Well happy :)

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I just signed up to the forum, I figured I might as well seeing as I read it more or less everyday.

Alas, the PR 1.1 update is out, but it seems like thats for those in the US & Canada, so I figured I would start a thread for those of us in the UK, to share the premature ''Christmas whine''.

I'm on EE (bought from Phones4u) and really would love to know if it's possible if I flashed one of the PR 1.1 updates for ORG-CH? I read somewhere that someone else did this, I just don't want my phone to brick!! :sweaty:

059R4H0: RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_White => I can't select 4G anymore - my sim does NOT support 4G anyway ;).
With my original firmware I could select 4G.
Maybe the Belgian firmware is better suited for users with unlocked 920s with 4G capable sim cards? ;)

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not brave enough to try flashing yet. I am in the same situation as you (P4U EE 920) so if you do have a go, let me know if it works ;) Not having any major issues to be honest (except for my marketplace not updating) so I'm content to wait it out. I got into the whole bleeding edge ROM updating thing with my HTC Desire a while back and to be honest, I was never happy with what I had and got all stressed out every time a new update came out. I stopped enjoying the phone for what it was and I really like the Lumia experience having had an 800 before this.

Good luck if you try and don't forget to let us all know how it goes

Dale Ski

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
059R4H0: RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_White => I can't select 4G anymore - my sim does NOT support 4G anyway ;).
Maybe the Belgian firmware is better suited for users with unlocked 920s with 4G capable sim cards? ;)

That's my biggest concern is you lose 4G and the chances are if you flash back you won't get 4G back either and you'll end up with a 3G only device for the sake of a bit of patience but if anyone wants to give it a go then by all means go for it and report back here.

sstanton86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

That's my biggest concern is you lose 4G and the chances are if you flash back you won't get 4G back either and you'll end up with a 3G only device for the sake of a bit of patience but if anyone wants to give it a go then by all means go for it and report back here.

Hmm, this is making me more tempted to try. As I said earlier, I am on a 4g enabled device/plan, but Oxford, where I live, WILL NOT have 4G for one **** of a long time - So losing out on 4G does not phase me at all... Hmm hmm :asleep:

Oh, and also, I guess my main worry is that I am on some sort of Carrier branded firmware (EE), and I just wonder whether my phone will be compatible with the Belgian firmware e.t.c.. it is all orange after all?

bingobill

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
proximus in belgium use 4g on 1800mhz so it's a safer bet than others but I have no idea if it's carrier branded.

It says Proximus in the 'about' settings but no other branding anywhere.

I'm afraid I'm a serial updater so I have no choice in the matter :)

My reasoning is I get the update now and come February's update I'll maybe change to something else.

sstanton86

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
It says Proximus in the 'about' settings but no other branding anywhere.

I'm afraid I'm a serial updater so I have no choice in the matter :)

My reasoning is I get the update now and come February's update I'll maybe change to something else.

What are you using Bingobill? Locked or unbranded? Let me know how it goes!

To be honest I would do it, but I can't even install the Nokia suite thingy because of some stupid update that just will NOT work on my PC!:grincry:

bingobill

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
What are you using Bingobill? Locked or unbranded? Let me know how it goes!

To be honest I would do it, but I can't even install the Nokia suite thingy because of some stupid update that just will NOT work on my PC!:grincry:

All done and dusted my friend and I couldn't be happier, details in my post a bit further up :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99