02-05-2013 04:23 PM
60 123
tools
    I'm done messing with this as well. I just spoke to ATT and they are sending a replacement device. I was hopeful that the update would fix things, but that has not been the case. Hopefully, the replacement device will be good to go.

Starting with ordering the phone and that whole debacle, this has been a disaster from the very beginning.
    Smart thing to do. Rebooting issue is more likely a hardware issue.
    jwinch2 likes this.
    01-06-2013 01:09 AM
    If you had Backup enabled on your device, your home screen settings would be backed up. Enable it under Settings.
    However, the wifes 920 did lock up, and required me to soft reboot it (hold down Lower Volume, Power and Camera button for about 25 seconds, waited for it to buzz and then removed my fingers from the keys, otherwise it would hard reset.) If you really continue to experience this, I would contact Nokia. Their support is really good and prompt. I wouldn't bother with AT&T, unless Nokia truly tells you to contact them.
    Firstly, backup does *not* save the home screen settings.
    Secondly, the soft reset needs only Vol Down and Power - no need to press all 3 and potentially invoke a hard reset.
    If we're to help our fellow WP8 users, let's aim to be accurate with our advice.
    01-06-2013 02:16 AM
    I'm done messing with this as well. I just spoke to ATT and they are sending a replacement device. I was hopeful that the update would fix things, but that has not been the case. Hopefully, the replacement device will be good to go.

Starting with ordering the phone and that whole debacle, this has been a disaster from the very beginning.
    5 days to ship from 2 1/2 hours away. Gotta love DHL.
    01-09-2013 05:12 PM
    I read that is could be the wifi so try turning it off before going to bed. Im having the same problem with my 920 from rogers. Going to try turning of wifi tonight
    01-24-2013 02:15 AM
    I read that is could be the wifi so try turning it off before going to bed. Im having the same problem with my 920 from rogers. Going to try turning of wifi tonight
    I thought it was also that, but still did it with everything such as WiFi and Bluetooth turned off.

I do understand that that is a temp fix for some, but we shouldn't have to turn stuff off like that to enjoy our phone working properly.
    01-24-2013 07:02 PM
    I thought it was also that, but still did it with everything such as WiFi and Bluetooth turned off.

I do understand that that is a temp fix for some, but we shouldn't have to turn stuff off like that to enjoy our phone working properly.
    You should just do a clean flash, which is the only way to fix a bad OS installation. If everything persist then is a faulty unit, then you should get a replacement before its too late.
    01-24-2013 09:52 PM
    My 920 was randomly re _booting before portico update. Then I installed portico ota update and the problems were twice as bad. The phone was overheating, battery life was 7 hrs off a full charge. Woke up every morning to a dead lumia, .other issues with notifications not coming through onto lock screen.
    Took my lumia to local nokia care Centre and they said it was probably a dodgy update and they really installed the software and set the device up for me instore.
    The following 2 days and the lumia was doing exactly the same, random reboots, shocking battery life and no notifications.
    I am not trying to diss the lumia 920, I actually love the phone, what it manages to do when working as it should is amazing.
    But for a high end flagship device I find it unacceptable, and to keep being told to turn things off such as wifi, background apps etc.is a joke,
    02-05-2013 12:03 PM
    Totally agree Ian. When the phone is working it is the best phone i have used.
    However its not reliable enough to use! When i first got mine it was randomly freezing when not in use, and would not come back on so i had to reset (meaning i have to set date and time every time!!! fun!) Did a factory reset and it bricked the phone.
    So i took it back to the shop (Orange) and they sent it off for repair, 1 month later got phone back and it still does it.
    Only this time i can tell you it isnt any downloaded apps, as to test i gave it 3 days without a single app downloaded, or account added. It started crashing only of a night when on USB charge, but now is back to random freezes when not in use.
    BigRThanHuge likes this.
    02-05-2013 01:16 PM
    So how does RMA'ing your phone with AT&T work? My 920 has been a steaming pile since day one, and after Portico I finally concluded it's the hardware. But I'm worried that they'll make me send my phone in and wait for a new one. Then I'd have to get a mSIM to SIM adapter and use my Focus while I wait god knows how long for another Cyan 920.
    02-05-2013 03:20 PM
    Same here 2 days with no apps and still shutting down randomly, despite having a full nokia care flash. Now been sent to tmobile for repair lol.got my fingers crossed but not hopeful
    02-05-2013 04:23 PM
60 123