Windows Phone 8 OS update for AT&T vs International unlocked 920

doublesman3486

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I have been reading the forum since yesterday about the Portico Update for the Lumia 920 for AT&T and Rogers, I have an unlocked international Lumia 920 and yes I am a bit pissed off that the operator branded AT&T and Rogers 920s got the update first.

But there is one important thing that folks who have the international 920 need to understand. The software for the AT&T Lumia 920 and the International 920 are not the same, totally different. The devices themselves are slightly different as well in regards to their internal radios. People need to keep this in mind before going all out on Nokia and Microsoft.

Of course AT&T and Rogers were always going to get the update first as there are hundreds of folks who upgraded their contracts or took out new contracts to get this phone. Microsoft and Nokia were always gonna take care of these folks first. The last thing AT&T , Rogers, Microsoft of Nokia wants is for people to start returning what is a hot selling device all because a software update was not forthcoming. They probably had no choice but to take care of these folks first.

That being said, the software update that has to be coded and written for the international version will be a different one from that of the AT&T and Rogers one and for good reason, as I said before, they are not the same device.

So I would recommend some patience folks.

cncworma

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've talked to two different Nokia Care reps and they still seem to think the 821 920 build will be out by December. What is the source for February?

Got one in Aus and it is not optimized for the Telstra network. Lots of texts fail and I loose data connection after a day :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa