Best weather app?

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Kind of a toss up, depending on what you're looking for. Weatherflow is fantastic, I've had issues with Amazing Weather. Weather channel is really nice for the radar, that's something Weatherflow is lacking. :(

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I am still going to say Weather Flow even though I haven't purchased it yet. The fact that it provides an amazing home screen with weather info. and the 3 sizing livetiles are just amazing.
wp_ss_20121221_0001.jpg wp_ss_20121221_0002.png

So the two weather app that I use right now are Weather Flow (purchasing tomorrow), and AAA Weather, the hourly weather tiles are created by it. (they need to up the resolution though)

o4komodo

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I tried amazing weather, HATE how it shuts off music to play the HD video thing...
I'm having live-tile issues with weather flow. The daily forecast on the double-wide refreshes as mon mon mon mon mon mon.... really annoying.

dabdoub81

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
none of these has a realistic HD tiles like the htc has in android , i realy miss that , the one that amazing weather has looks horrible IMO !
any Idea !!?

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am still going to say Weather Flow even though I haven't purchased it yet. The fact that it provides an amazing home screen with weather info. and the 3 sizing livetiles are just amazing.
View attachment 25274 View attachment 25275 I must second this. This one provides all the utilities you will ever need for a weather app. Amazing weather looks prettier, but at the end of the day, I feel weather flow just seems a bit more handy and it also looks great, ove the flip

So the two weather app that I use right now are Weather Flow (purchasing tomorrow), and AAA Weather, the hourly weather tiles are created by it. (they need to up the resolution though)

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I picked Amazing Weather and WeatherLive over Weather Flow. Tried all three. I really need to eaisly see the daily chance of rain percentage. Amazing Weather shows this on their live tiles. Weather Flow does not. I picked WeatherLive at the same time as the live tile had more information. Currently on WP8 I am just using Amazing Weather. I do wish I could customize the tile myself though.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried Nokia's Weather Channel one, Amazing Weather and Weather Flow and it's a bizarre mix for me. I like the simplicity of the Nokia one but no matter what I do I can't get it to work off my actual GPS location. The Amazing Weather one has for me the best animations/visuals of any but it won't do lockscreen weather. Ideally I'd like a weather app that could tell me the weather on the lockscreen but I didn't have to replace the current Bing Maps random pic every day which I like. This is where Weather Flow comes in. Still has nice HD Visuals and while I don't find them as nice as Amazing Weather they're still good. Weather Flow also has the most useful live tile for me, telling me if it's cold or warmer than yesterday is a nice touch, but can also tell me more information if I want it. Weather Flow also drained my battery about 50% in one night so I'm not touching it until the drain there with the lockscreen is fixed.

For me the only thing I really want from a weather app is reliable information based from my current location. This way if I'm travelling I have the best weather info for where I am. WP8 seems to only let you pick up the current location based off the GPS location, and having that on all the time drains battery. On Android the weather app could tell me exactly this info using my mobile phone signal so I'm wondering why WP can't. Amazing Weather and Weather Flow do let me see what the nearest weather station's weather is which is pretty close to where I am so I suppose I'd have to edge towards one of those at the moment.

When Amazing Weather gets the lockscreen features and possibly more useful live tiles it'll win hands down but until then it's a bit of a stalemate for my needs.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The term "best" is a rather wide definition. What I look for the most is a good livetile, and WeatherMaster to me has the best one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro