[UK/EU] Portico + camera fix coming sooner than February 2013

luckylifo

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I got this reply from Stephen Elop when I emailed him about my disappointment with having to wait for 2 months:

Actually, we are working to have the updates moving sooner than that.

Regards,

Stephen

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping they will manage early to mid January. I can see why they might not want to push the update just before Christmas, just in case it goes wrong when there is no-one to fix it.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
You do realise its all damage limitation.

They roll it out now on AT&T, if its all good, then they ramp up the speed for everyone else, and we all have it by mid-jan, weeks before the scheduled date, and everyones happy.

If Nokia assume is all good, and say they'll all have it by mid-jan, but the AT&T find issues, causing the release to be delayed until the end of feb, and everyone would be up in arms, about the delays.

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You do realise its all damage limitation.

They roll it out now on AT&T, if its all good, then they ramp up the speed for everyone else, and we all have it by mid-jan, weeks before the scheduled date, and everyones happy.

If Nokia assume is all good, and say they'll all have it by mid-jan, but the AT&T find issues, causing the release to be delayed until the end of feb, and everyone would be up in arms, about the delays.

So instead, everyone is up in arms now about delays that are unnecessary. Better to either not give a date, or give a reasonable date and a good, honest reason for delaying it.

sudakoma

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
When the news came out that some of us had to wait until February I was annoyed but after reading about the problems still present after the update, I'm quite happy to wait it out. Maybe by the time the rest of us get it, more bugs may have been ironed out by the guinea pigs who were 'lucky' enough to get the update first.

Happily, I have no issues at all apart from an occasional lock-up/reboot and I love my 920 the way it is.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
So instead, everyone is up in arms now about delays that are unnecessary.

People have been up in arms since the moment the 920 came on the market, constantly moaning they are getting no information. They now have realistic (if pessamistic) information, and they are still up in arms.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
That's all I want too. I really hoped to be getting this for Christmas, when I'll be wanting to take a load of pictures with my 920.

Surely most of the pictures you'll be taking will be indoors, so in the sort of lighting where the 920 has significant advantages over most other phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss