Proximity sensor to keen

sibrecat

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, anyone else have the problem as soon as they ring someone the screen goes black as if its being held against an ear, at night it goes black straight away so I can't press the end call option, in light its not as bad
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_276 using Board Express

TobyGadd

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Reasonably common issue, unfortunately. Some people have found that they can blow hard (or with compressed air) at the top of their screens and/or earpiece to remove dust that's blocking the proximity sensor. That worked fine for me--but needed repeating every few days. After calling Nokia, they decided that it was a physical problem--so I sent it in for repair. In the meantime, I have a new phone, and it's working great.

Since most people (all) who have the proximity sensor issue also have dust under their front-facing cameras, I suspect that there's a missing/defective seal on some 920s that allows dust into places where it shouldn't go. My new phone has absolutely no dust under the front-facing camera, and the sensor is fine.

Also, make sure that you don't have a screen protector covering the proximity sensor.

bigmickc22

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem for a month now and have to return my phone for repairs. It's a Lumia 800.
Pinching the front and back of the phone near the volume buttons brings the screen back for use during a call, but i will still have to take it back.
It is my only complaint with such a great phone

MC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon