Small problem with my 920. Cant access screen with talking with someone.

Greg Tucker

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem with there's. If i'm on the phone with someone I cant access my screen (it just stays black, but I can still talk fine and once im off the line with whoever everything goes back to normal.) An example is I was calling the doctors office today and it says press 1 to do this and press 2 to do that. But since my screen wouldnt come on when I took my phone away from my ear or when i pressed the power on button I couldn't do anything. I couldn't even end the call because I couldnt access my screen. However sometimes it will come on for a second or two but just randomly. I hope I explained this right where everyone can understand and hope someone has a solution. Thanks

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
ya. U have to blow into the ear piece towards the sensor and around there. There could be dust or something blocking the sensor. I had to do it twice to get the phone working properly when on phone.

gedmurphy

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
common fault, it seems about 50% of 920's have this problem. I'm surprised WPCentral haven't done an article on it yet.
Blowing only works for so long. I've had my 920 for 2 months now and it's so full of dust that blowing no longer works and I permanently have no access to the phone during calls / notifications.

Swap the phone ASAP while you still can, or get an 8X instead

anon(361265)

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
common fault, it seems about 50% of 920's have this problem. I'm surprised WPCentral haven't done an article on it yet.
Blowing only works for so long. I've had my 920 for 2 months now and it's so full of dust that blowing no longer works and I permanently have no access to the phone during calls / notifications.

Swap the phone ASAP while you still can, or get an 8X instead

+100

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05