Battery won't charge!

WPer

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 can charge itself even if it runs out of battery and turns off automatically. Plugging the charger cable will first make the phone boot to the AT&T screen and the black charging-icon-only screen. About 5 secs later, it will reboot and show the start screen with charging icons at top right corner.

However, today I was watching video with a Netflix-like software until the battery is empty. When I plug in the charging cable, the phone stuck at the charging-icon-only screen with one red bar showing in the battery. It won't boot to the start screen again! Anyone has had the same problem?

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Basically what has happened is that the battery does not have enough charge quite yet and will not boot the OS until the battery has enough charge... Plug it in and let it sit.. This is normal and even WP7 devices did this if the battery gets "too low".
Plug it in and let it sit.. After awhile when the battery reaches enough charge it should boot.
Good Luck.
newfiend~

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I believe that the OS has to have a minimum charge in the battery to boot .. Once the battery is ran that low it takes a few minutes to charge before it will reboot. Glad it's now working for you.
Take Care,
newfiend~

Brandy Sweeney

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine did the same thing but instead of booting after a bit it just gives me a little red bar a plug flashes then it goes to a quetion mark. I have had it on the charger for 4 hours. Any help?

Luis Carlos Diaz

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with the Lumia 521. The phone went dead with abort 50% battery. I'ts been charging for more than 4 hours and it's still not able to turn on. All I get is the battery image with the red bar. Is it the ohone or the battery? The phone is not even three months old...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers