Bricked developers conference device

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Can u explain what are you losing here apart from the phone contents? Also does the device say ATT on it anywhere? If not can you tell what Model is it? RM-XXX?

Data Service runs on a different frequency than the cell. If he flashes to ATT firmware he will not have the frequency needed for data connections. So, for internet he would need to be in wifi area.

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
None that i found. I'm waiting for a new phone from nokia

Wow, that sucks. I have a Dev Lumia 920 as well, and so far nothing has happened with it. Of course, I've barely been using it, bc I'm afraid it will brick and I'll be out of a phone. I can't believe they won't release the Dev firmware (unless it unlocks an ATT phone or something). Super annoying!

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone with the Build version of the phone ever get the original firmware?

My Build phone has been flaky for the last few weeks, I bricked my phone by a hard reset (against better judgement)

I managed to get my phone working with the AT&T firmware despite I am using a T-mobile SIM.

All of restore of Nokia apps from SkyDrive is failing. I don't think I can get the AT&T apps to work either since I am not a member.

Let me know if someone managed to get the original firmware (or dev firmware with the working reset function)

TIA

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
For the last couple of weeks I have been messing around with my phone; flashing with different versions of firmware, resetting from software & hardware.

Here is my findings:
  • it is pretty easy to brick pre-Portico version of this phone. Since Portico does not seem to be available for the BUILD phone, you are likely to get stuck with "reset your phone" option in the About Settings.
  • just because the phone is stuck in the spinning gear screen for a long time (more than an hour) does not mean the phone is completely bricked. I have seen posts where removing the SIM card or hard reset through button combo fixed the phone. In retrospect, I should have read through the posts to try this before I slammed the ATT firmware on the phone.
  • The original BUILD firmware is nowhere to be found. Some people have managed to get a replacement BUILD phone, but it took like 2 months to get a new phone back. Emailing the Nokia CEO may help.
  • There are tools like NaviFarm & NCS to flash firmware back on the phone to unbrick it. Thanks to itxjobe & XDA-dev.
I have tried both AT&T & Rogers firmware. I even tried RM-821 dev firmware. I eventually settled on the Rogers Portico version. The version I have is indeed branded with Rogers, but I figured it is the closest version to the BUILD version (canada_200 vs canada_246) I am hoping I would get GDR2 update with this firmware, if not I can look for another version.

Please correct any mis-info.
TIA

vzczc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this?

I too have a bricked 920 from Build, Nokia Care can / will not help. And no one seems to know what exact ROM will work.

?ystein

jrjr488

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Any updates on this?

I too have a bricked 920 from Build, Nokia Care can / will not help. And no one seems to know what exact ROM will work.

?ystein

I'm on T mobile US. I got mine unbricked by installing the PWBASSY RM-820 Light Swap... After that I was able to install Rogers and European Developers.

ka84

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Any updates on this?

?ystein

Hey , I had the same problem as you few months ago . A bricked Build 920 , I was able to solve this by flashing the Euro Developer Rom. But this Rom is for Rm-821 , to be able to flash this to your Rm-820 Device. You'll have to follow certain steps , like I suggested to an other user on this forum (http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ws-bands-back-bricked-rogers-lumia-920-a.html). You'll have to follow the following steps :

1. flash the phone with Rogers Apollo firmware 1232.2109.1242.1002 (059Q6W4). You can't find it on Navifirm now, Use this link to get this pre portico version (Lumia920 RM-820 1232.2109.1242.1001).

((To be able to flash them/use them after downloading you might need to rename each file removing the checksum from the file name.
985F2CE8_RM820_1232.2109.1242.1002_RETAIL_nam_cana da_200_02_100347_prd_signed.ffu would be renamed to
RM820_1232.2109.1242.1002_RETAIL_nam_canada_200_02 _100347_prd_signed.ffu and so on for the other remaining files))

2. from phone, settings -- phone update, upgrade to the latest Rogers Portico firmware 1232.5951.1249.0001

3. Now you can flash your phone with euro developer firmware RM821 (1232.5951.1249.1002)

You'll have the clean Developer Rom , with all the bands enabled like before.

yukit

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
2. from phone, settings -- phone update, upgrade to the latest Rogers Portico firmware 1232.5951.1249.0001

3. Now you can flash your phone with euro developer firmware RM821 (1232.5951.1249.1002)

You'll have the clean Developer Rom , with all the bands enabled like before.

Internet Sharing on my phone stopped working this week for some reason with my TMobile service.

I already have the Roger Portico firmware, so probably try the RM-821 firmware.

I wish there is a way to save the tile configuration. It is a pain to rearrange pinned tiles each time I reset my phone.

Still want the original BUILD ROM, but glad there are workaround like this.

Edit:
When I went to Navifirm, I noticed 1308.0002 version of the firmware.
Nice to get 'H+' instead of '4G'. My wifi-hotspot is working as well.

Last edited:

halocameo

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got a reply from Stephen Elop. He said he'll ask his team to assist. Hopefully we can get a copy of the firmware of dev version. will keep you updated.

Hi hfcas, did you ever hear back from Stephen Elop's team?

I just bricked my BUILD 920 after doing a soft-reset (Settings -> About) after it had been updated to Portico couple days ago!

Any help will be appreciated.

vzczc

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this. After first installing the Rogers Apollo firmware, updating to latest version and then flashing the Euro developer my 920 Build 2012 device is back in action. Not to impressed with Nokia Care who concluded that my device was completely dead and could not be fixed.

I owe you a drink, thanks again.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot for this. After first installing the Rogers Apollo firmware, updating to latest version and then flashing the Euro developer my 920 Build 2012 device is back in action. Not to impressed with Nokia Care who concluded that my device was completely dead and could not be fixed.

I owe you a drink, thanks again.

I wonder if that still makes the phone pentaband. Anyone know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs