What's wrong with my Media Player on WP8 L920? I can't drag to fast forward :(

chobits

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine can't even jump / drag / swipe forward/backward or tap (that horizontal line below Play Pause button) to a specific time frame to skip

Am I the only one having this issue :(
Help!!!

Last edited:

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Just press and hold the Forward or Back buttons on the player to advance or rewind the song or video. It sucks but that's your only option right now.

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This functionality just proves how off base Microsoft is when it comes to Music and Videos. It's so strange that it's not intuitive. Frankly, I feel the music app is the weakest part of the platform. Luckily, these issues can be so easily fixed. In this day and age, the code could be fixed in days and published in a few weeks. Common Microsoft, lets get on the ball. This is a really big deal.

JustinianIV

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
First post in this forum. I bought a L820 about two weeks ago, moving from an ancient iPhone 3G. I am amazed at how lacking the media player is! I mean, you can't even move the track manually (by hand)! It can't put automatic placeholders, so when I resume listening to a podcast that I took a break from, I have to try and remember roughly where I was when I left off AND STILL hold the fforward button down!

There are other things, but this is the most annoying being the heavy podcast listener that I am. For all the pomp and spectacle of WP8, you would think that it would have these incredibly basic features out the box. I've had bootleg iPods from Hong Kong from 7 years ago that handled music better!

Please, someone tell me that I'm missing something. There's gotta be an update on the way, right?

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll repeat this on this thread in case someone from MS is watching this: whenever someone asks me about my phone I tell them if music is important to them NOT to buy it. Considering how good the Zune was, this is just a travesty.

JustinianIV

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you everyone who responded. On the bright side I can now play and download podcasts exactly how I like by using Wpodder. It's unfortunate, though, that it took a 3rd party to make an app that MS should have made themselves. Why do I get the feeling like this is going to be a reoccurring theme?

pdskep: Yes, it's unfortunate that MS dropped the ball so blatantly with the music player. What's worse is that they don't seem to care about amending it. I really wanted to support WP8, but I'm also going to have to be honest to others about how insulting some aspects of it are.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)