Headphone jack noises

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
For the last two nights I have tried to use the headphone jack on my phone. With two different sets of speaker, all I get is buzzing and clicking out of the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?

Andygoes

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tested with headphones, but when we were using navigation with my wife's 920 and it was plugged in to the speakers there was some audible noise when turning the volume up a bit.

SpasticWarrior

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been listening to Nokia Music on inexpensive ear buds for the last week, before and after the Portico update, and have not experienced any issues with noise. Often I'm reading on the kindle app while listening and still no problems.

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
For the last two nights I have tried to use the headphone jack on my phone. With two different sets of speaker, all I get is buzzing and clicking out of the speakers. Is anyone else having this issue?

Not experienced this, but yes look for sources of interference. And try a simple soft reset,

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Is charger plugged in at the same time?
No, I was just running both times off the battery. The first time I was just listening to music at work through a pair of computer speakers. The second time I was using my phone to test the speakers on a slot machine.

David Hollifield

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered this today. I don't really use my headphone jack except in the car. Since I just got my car mount from ProClip I plugged everything in and noticed when I plugged in the audio cable I got the clicking and hissing you described. I started playing around with the jack while the audio cable was plugged in and found that if I wiggle the jack a bit I can make it go away. I also found that it will also cause the noise, or bring up the voice command, or fast forward/skip a playing song, or do some random stuff. There's really something wrong here and my wife's 920 is also showing the same behavior. Ugh! FML!

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've also noticed that sometimes using the headphone jack it causes my volume to act as if I'm holding down the volume down button........

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I just discovered this today. I don't really use my headphone jack except in the car. Since I just got my car mount from ProClip I plugged everything in and noticed when I plugged in the audio cable I got the clicking and hissing you described. I started playing around with the jack while the audio cable was plugged in and found that if I wiggle the jack a bit I can make it go away. I also found that it will also cause the noise, or bring up the voice command, or fast forward/skip a playing song, or do some random stuff. There's really something wrong here and my wife's 920 is also showing the same behavior. Ugh! FML!
I tried my Bose head phones and couldn't get make any of the pops or hisses. Which leads me to believe that the jack doesn't like all 3.5 mm plugs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12