Any UK/EU owners installed the latest update?

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but cant find anything except US experiences.

If anybody has had any luck could you please post instructions. Will be making the purchase tomorrow and want it updated as soon as.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
This will be because the only way to get the update in the UK/EU at the moment is flashing a build from Navifirm or the Nokia Care Suite or some mixture of the two (I've not tried it so I'm not sure on the process). The official OTA update isn't due to start until February at the earliest according to Nokia's press release, although Elop has replied to people's outraged emails saying they're hoping to start the rollout sooner than this.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I looking forward to it, I am hoping it will fix a few niggles. Notably the popping sounds that happen a little too often for my liking.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Is flashing from navifirm any harder than jailbreaking an iphone. Im not good with terminology so they could b the same but different.

Tahiti Bob, where have you heard about people using the Belgian firmware? Is it safe to do?

On a side note, when someone refers to their phone as being 'bricked' does it mean completely useless or needs to be flashed?

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I think i will do the same too. Smartphones are so unpredictable when it comes to software updates.

I dont understand how people can have different outcomes when it comes to updating firmware. I guess there are so many factors involved in the phone running optimally.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I flashed the Belgium software since i live there and could not be any happier.

Battery life improved dramaticly, reboot issue's are over and my 920 runs way cooler when gaming or navigating

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Im on EE in UK and flashed Belgium software, after removing the keyboards and few other things im back to normal only difference I notice is the .co.uk button on the KB is .com(which I prefer).
Love how WP now let me restore from my old app list and messages ,, all worked so well,, too early into using it(flashed a hour ago) to have any long term difference/problems but seems fine now

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Im on EE in UK and flashed Belgium software, after removing the keyboards and few other things im back to normal only difference I notice is the .co.uk button on the KB is .com(which I prefer).
Love how WP now let me restore from my old app list and messages ,, all worked so well,, too early into using it(flashed a hour ago) to have any long term difference/problems but seems fine now

Mind messaging me (or e-mail, whatever) some details on how to do this? I'm in the UK on EE and wouldn't mind the update.

Cheers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12