Phone shuts off never to turn on again

Tanner Silberstein

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
This is the 2nd time this has happened to me i sit my phone down after sending a text and check it again in a few minutes and it wont turn on I have tried everything i tried charging it and it wont turn on that way the people at the AT@T store said it was a freak accident that happens but not that often someone help me and tell me what im doing wrong..

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I suggest you go back to the store and ask to swap the battery. See if that solves the problem. If not, ask them to replace it. Occassionally, there are some lemons made in the batch of phones.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This happened to my 920 several times. To "turn it on" hold the power button and the volume down button for 10 or 15 seconds. This will do a soft reset. Most like the phone is "on" but locked up when this happens to you. Just reset it using the button combo I just mentioned; I bet it will work. To avoid this from occurring, you need to find the app that's causing the problem. For me it was Nokia Drive+ Beta. There may be other apps that cause the problem too. Maybe ditch all apps and add one back a day to figure out which is causing the issue.

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you're doing anything wrong. I suggest you go back to the store and ask to swap the battery. See if that solves the problem. If not, ask them to replace it. Occassionally, there are some lemons made in the batch of phones.
You cannot swap the battery in a 920. Not without disassembling the device, anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa