how do you take pictures in low like like this

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
how do i make my 920 do this? everytime i take a picture in low light or in total darkness i get no image and my screen flashes white then back to normal. it has done this on all 3 of my lumia 920s ive had since launch

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
heres the white flash when i take low light pictures. ,y first 2 cyan 920s from att did this and now my cyan 920 from nokia does it.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't have that flash. I assume you talk about the instant screen flash after you take a picture? When you take a picture in total darkness like in 2nd video, your picture will come out completely dark. You need at least a little of light source in the room to have a good picture with 920.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have that flash. I assume you talk about the instant screen flash after you take a picture? When you take a picture in total darkness like in 2nd video, your picture will come out completely dark. You need at least a little of light source in the room to have a good picture with 920.
the second video was taken by using my 1st lumia ( bad battery) taking a pick with my 2nd lumia ( bad battery) and showing a white screen flash after a picture is taken in darkens. my 3rd lumia ( battery was good until the update last wee no it sucks) has the flash also

how did he get a picture of that bed room with no light?

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've just tried taking a photo in low light and it works perfectly, I was actually surprised at how well it worked as I'd not tried it before.

Put it to Night mode instead of Auto and it was a beaut.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Heres a video of me trying to do it . A nokia lumia 920 is recording while a lumia 920 is trying t o take a picture.
both lumias do the white screen flash

yes the assist light was on

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
i have the same question. My 920 makes good pictures with low lights but not "no light". I am wondering how he took those pictures.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Night mode can take pics in some pretty low light. But not extremely low light. You need some ambient light.

The room likely had more light than it looks like in the video, but you can't tell because of the limitations of the video camera itself. It is likely not some expensive video camera that has some awesome low light optimization. So through the video camera it looks like a pitch black room, but in reality it's just a pretty dark room.

Turn in your hallway lights and tun on a bathroom or closet light in the other side of the room. It's likely not pitch black in the room when you look at it with your own eyes. But if you take a video of it with even a decent video camera, it likely looks pretty black. If you take a picture with a regular point & shoot or cell phone without flash, it's likely black.

Last edited:

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'v taken pictures of low lit rooms but had light behind me but I was wondering if it was possible to do what the douche in the video did

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05