Unable to hard reset

phize

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing happens when I try to hard reset my phone, it just boots up like it normally does.

Here's what I do: I turn the phone off, hold volume down + power + camera until it vibrates, after which I let go of the power button and continue to hold the other buttons for approx. 5 seconds.

So, am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:

melloyello920

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You can also hard rest by going into settings > about > reset your phone

just a warning, some people have bricked their phones by performing a hard reset. there are some threads on this forum you can read up on

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
This is for soft resetting a phone

Still boots up normally without resetting.
soft resetting is volume down and power. If you add the camera button into the mix it hard resets. Your phone needs to be off or, booting, or in the middle of resetting for it to work it seems tho.

jarettp

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You are giving old information about hard reset. It worked with Windows phone 7, but in WP8 it is bit different. Read here, from official source: Nokia Lumia 920 Troubleshooting - os reset - Nokia - USA

hey I just know what worked for me. I was stuck in the spinning cogs and did volume down, power, and camera and it fixed. When I previously did just volume down and power it bricked my phone and I had to flash it.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
hey I just know what worked for me. I was stuck in the spinning cogs and did volume down, power, and camera and it fixed. When I previously did just volume down and power it bricked my phone and I had to flash it.
Yeah, I'm not trying to be wiseass, I just wanted to bring the official information about hard reset from Nokia's web site.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
going to about--> reset phone is the same as the 3 key comination.
Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8

Step 1
Make sure the charger is disconnected.
1. Switch the power Off.
2. Press and hold the Volume down and connect the charger, if succeed an exclamation mark (!) is shown on the screen.

(To cancel OS reset and exit to the normal mode, press the Volume Down + Power Key and hold them for 10 seconds).
Step 2
Then input Keys in the following order:
1. Volume up
2. Volume down
3. Power
4. Volume down

Step 3
The phone will reset and boot up automatically.

anon(631408)

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought I bricked my phone last night. Called AT&T and they are sending me another one and then I find the Nokia instructions on how to do a hard reset and it worked. I had the blue screen of death and now it is setting up. Thanks Loukkis - this hard reset does work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb