Any way to uninstall Portico? My crashing problems went from bad to worse...

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Portico update aside, the fact that you even kept your phone even though the phone crashed a few times a week is beyond me.

helpful hint, exchange your phone.

gtbuzz

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Before the Portico update, my L920 froze up (almost always with the screen on) maybe once every few days, no more than 2-3 times a week I'd say, sometimes less. Oddly enough in the day leading up to the update and the day of, I had about a dozen freezes, dealing with email (Gmail and Exchange), web browsing, but most often, using Nokia Drive + (no bluetooth).

After the update, I've noticed that I haven't had any freezes while the screen is on, but it's pretty much guaranteed now that my phone will hang sometime overnight while charging. I actually was late to work one day because I use the alarm on my cell and it just didn't work.

Anybody else having similar problems? I went back and checked and I actually haven't installed any new apps or made any changes to my phone / settings in about 2 weeks, so I don't think it's some rogue app that's doing it (although it could be something that was udpated in that time). Is it at all possible to remove this update to see if it helps?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Okey , it's always a sound advice to exchange your phone , but if your phone dies while charging (are you talking by any chance about Wireless charging ) if so disable Wlan and then charge it , it won't die . :) It's a known bug even in Portico and they're working on a fix.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Follow the exchange the phone advice. I have none of these problems. My yellow 920 was one of the first phones out and it works perfectly. Yours should too. Wireless charging (and nothing for that matter) should have any effect on the stability of your phone. If anything my phone is more stable since the update. Battery lasts longer too. Something is wrong with the hardware. Exchange it.
-joe-

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers