(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

While I wish you could flash anything you want, I don't guarantee it , I haven't tried flashing anything but my original one , I advice you to do the same.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I tried the volume down + power button thingy and click Retry... phone keeps on restarting without flashing no matter how long I keep those buttons held down.

All this after the vibration too.

Do I need to have the phone off before I start? .

Another point to think of , use a main USB port don't use a hub and if you're using a certain USB port change it to the other.

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello , please check your product code and share it with me and i'll explain . :)

I will give you the exact code tomorrow, since I don't have it w me right now, but I know that it's the rm820 and has the same firmware as a Rogers lumia. The only difference is that it's pentaband and has no carrier branding landsays ddeveloper device). Sorry for the lack of info!

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Mine is a EE 920 from Phones4U. I am downloading the Portico update RM-821 VAR APAC HK 1232. 5951. 1249. 1004. Hopefully it will work fine. Will this debrand my 920?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Mine is a EE 920 from Phones4U. I am downloading the Portico update RM-821 VAR APAC HK 1232. 5951. 1249. 1004. Hopefully it will work fine. Will this debrand my 920?

we won't know till u try. Just remember to download your original software before just in case you need to reverse the process.

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Sure. I am quite certain it will work since I replaced my EE firmware with CV GB firmware earlier, but now I want to update to Portico and since there is no CV GB firmware with Portico I am trying the HK one. I don't know about the debranding though.

lkhoe

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Another point to think of , use a main USB port don't use a hub and if you're using a certain USB port change it to the other.

Ok. This is what I did coz the phone refuses to enter recovery mode:
1. Switch off phone
2. Connect to PC. At this point, the Retry button is ready to press.
3. Phone will restart once you connect to PC. As this is going on, quickly hit RESTART! No need for vol down + power button combination presses.
4. Now the phone will enter recovery mode and do its thing.

Andrej Maister

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, just to make it clear i have a 059R1W4, so i cannot update my phone ? Could not find it on the list...

Jed Cutler

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Tried with my Win XP laptop anyway. Couldn't find product code for my L920. It isn't there.

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

How do you know which code is the Portico update?

I am looking on the care suite and can't figure out how you tell?

OliverK

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

I updated my UK unlocked model to the belgian promimus version and everything works - but I have noticed an annoying bug in that the proximity sensor does not turn the screen back on during a call if I move it away from my face.

Anyone else had that?

ZiCoN_dk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Annoying... Under the 1002 listing, Scandic NO SE is shown now, but the DK isn't yet :) But could hope the Danish version shows up next week :)

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

what is the difference between the firmwares that end in 1001 and 1002? I know the other one is portico, but I don't know what the difference is between those two. I have the developer edition lumia 920 with the unbranded Rogers firmware that ends in 1001, but have the option of changing to 1002 and portico. Also, will flashing a Rogers firmware relock the phone? I'm using in on the mobile USA and don't want to accidently lock the phone. Thanks!

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
what is the difference between the firmwares that end in 1001 and 1002? I know the other one is portico, but I don't know what the difference is between those two. I have the developer edition lumia 920 with the unbranded Rogers firmware that ends in 1001, but have the option of changing to 1002 and portico. Also, will flashing a Rogers firmware relock the phone? I'm using in on the mobile USA and don't want to accidently lock the phone. Thanks!

I meant t-mobile USA. Oops!

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Tried with my Win XP laptop anyway. Couldn't find product code for my L920. It isn't there.

I don't think Windows Xp works with this . I don't recommend it , if you couldn't find your Product code don't worry it's being updated weekly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss