(new Nokia care suit) How to: get the Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

the numbers are region/group of regions specific numbers . 1001 , 1002 , 1003 ...

I really haven't tried unlocking a Roger firmware or an At&t so I can't advice you on this , its highly recommended due to the different RM number which may include physical differences. (better safe than bricked.)

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I didn't but please turn off the phone go into a dark room , turn it on and wait for a while then try it.

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Sure. I am quite certain it will work since I replaced my EE firmware with CV GB firmware earlier, but now I want to update to Portico and since there is no CV GB firmware with Portico I am trying the HK one. I don't know about the debranding though.

I used the CEE ROM, this is Central and Eastern Europe, which is sure to be a bit closer to UK than Hong Kong?

DyeLongJustice

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

the numbers are region/group of regions specific numbers . 1001 , 1002 , 1003 ...

I really haven't tried unlocking a Roger firmware or an At&t so I can't advice you on this , its highly recommended due to the different RM number which may include physical differences. (better safe than bricked.)

Ok, bummer. My product code is RM-820_nam_canada_246 and the firmware is 1232.2109.1242.1001, and I see nothing like it on Navifirm :(

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Ok, bummer. My product code is RM-820_nam_canada_246 and the firmware is 1232.2109.1242.1001, and I see nothing like it on Navifirm :(
It seems Nokia isn't sleeping on it , hopefully your firmware will be out before you know it .

naeem151287

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I used the CEE ROM, this is Central and Eastern Europe, which is sure to be a bit closer to UK than Hong Kong?

True. But I don't live in the UK anymore. So I used the APAC HK ROM since that's closer for me.

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: (updated) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

How can this void the warranty? Isn't it just a firmware update?

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: (updated) How to: Force Portico update for the Global Lumia 920. (Clean install)

Well , it's illegal for you to flash your phone on your own , the app we use to flash it is the same app Nokia Care Center uses to flash peoples phone.
Still, this update is so easy that it might not even matter , but it doesn't stop from reporting that it may void your warranty , it's my job to keep you informed of your risks even if they don't actually occur.
In other words if for some reason your phone died while flashing (which will never happen unless you didn't charge your phone or you were using a pc and the electricity went off with no backup , Nokia Care won't fix it for free ... :)

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

Well , it's illegal for you to flash your phone on your own , the app we use to flash it is the same app Nokia Care Center uses to flash peoples phone.
Still, this update is so easy that it might not even matter , but it doesn't stop from reporting that it may void your warranty , it's my job to keep you informed of your risks even if they don't actually occur.
In other words if for some reason your phone died while flashing (which will never happen unless you didn't charge your phone or you were using a pc and the electricity went off with no backup , Nokia Care won't fix it for free ... :)

Thanks nabkawe5, for a second I thought Nokia can tell how the phone was flashed even if the same flasher was used. The phone dying while flashing part is valid though!

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks , also I think Nokia can actually check and see how many times a certain phone was flashed (and their own flashings of your IMIEs gets recorded)
anyways with an OS that is encrypted inside and out other than the dying while flashing it certainly easy for Nokia to relax on such things.

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Hello!

I'm unable to flash because it seems that the large file (>=1.3Gb) isn't accepted as a valid file even if downloaded several times through both NF, support tool and the multi software updater(!)
My product code is 059R2B3 and the big file RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu is there for a short while after being downloaded and then it's gone and the following fault code is reported by support tool:

Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu.
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Det gick inte att hitta filen C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu.
Filnamn: C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\RM-821\RM821_1232.5951.1249.1002_RETAIL_eu_euro1_349_02_121775_prd_signed.ffu
vid System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
vid System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
vid System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.Crc32Verification.CalculateCrc32(String fileName)
vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.Crc32Verification.IsFileCrcEqual(String filePath, String crc)
vid Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.MurzimRecovery.RecoveryDialog.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPackageCompleted>b__8(Object state)

The text "Det gick inte att hitta filen" is in Swedish and should be read as "Unable to find file".
No Antivirus active either...

I'm on a Win7 PRO x64 with plenty of space left on the drives as well.

By the way, the MSU-tool seems really great :)
flash msu.jpg
/Per

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
This is most likely because you don't have full access to your files, the space error occurs when some files are stored within program files specially if they were copied , try running as administrator as well as use the care suite instead.

charliekrad

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Well thanks for the tutorial, but 1, i cant even get the suite to recognize the phone to get the product code, and then my product support tool wont work online so its always working offline and i cant get it to do otherwise.

gg31hh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Hi All,

I would like to ask. If say I dont like portico update.. Can i still downgrade back to my previous Release variants? (additional Q : Will nokia centre notice if I had upgrade and then downgrade?)

Im using: RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 .......... (but when I plug into Nokia Care suite 5... it let me download RM-821_CV_ID_12421_VaR245048_V5_Black)
000-ID

EDIT: I actually want to flash the HK version of Portico.. please advice

Last edited:

gg31hh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Well thanks for the tutorial, but 1, i cant even get the suite to recognize the phone to get the product code, and then my product support tool wont work online so its always working offline and i cant get it to do otherwise.

Oh I have that problem before.. took me hours to realised i have to install a driver for the care suite to read your mobile.. THE DRIVER is under installed nokia care suite5 location (C:\Program Files (x86) .......... \nokia care suite5 \ Driver folder)

Hope this help

gg31hh

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

Hi All,

I would like to ask. If say I dont like portico update.. Can i still downgrade back to my previous Release variants? (additional Q : Will nokia centre notice if I had upgrade and then downgrade?)

Im using: RM-821_apac_indonesia_311 .......... (but when I plug into Nokia Care suite 5... it let me download RM-821_CV_ID_12421_VaR245048_V5_Black)
000-ID

EDIT: I actually want to flash the HK version of Portico.. please advice

Guys please... I been itching to update mine.. but worry with those question.. if someone please enlighten me

drg

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

So if this is showing up on navifirm does this mean we should get the update soon anyway?

Perus

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Ok thanks and I've tried "everything" by now ;) UAC always off as well and everything as administrator- .FFU-file re-downloaded several times and it seems that with .40 and .45 of NCS the file is downloaded and after a check deleted.
Updated to the .51 of NCS and after that it seems difficult to download except from online mode which needs an account. However, in offline mode and with already downloaded
files NSC now reports this after verifying the package before flashing:
new NCS.jpg
wrong.jpg
I've check-summed the .FFU file and always get the same check sum after each download so maybe they've protected the file...
Something is fishy here...;/
/Per

Last edited:

ballanda

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site

This update doesn't seem to fix the camera sharpness issue... At least I hope it doesn't, because it still looks like I'm shooting photos inside a dream (i.e. they're foggy and blurry). Of course it doesn't help either that some idiot flush-mounted the lens so it picks up all sorts of grease.

Last edited:

kellow87

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I've just updated my Lumia 920 on EE UK with the RM-821 VAR EURO2 DE CV BLACK (059Q9L7) and so far seems to work fine if anyone wanted to have a go at their own :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb