Phone black out the screen as soon as i make a call

svenssondaniel

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

I have had my 920 a couple of weeks now, and iam experiencing a problem, when i make or recieve a call, the phone instantly thinks i have it against my ear. Like something is blocking the sensor.

Firstly it seemed to work with wiping the sensor a bit, but it only got a little better. But now that dont seem to work either. This is very annoying since i cannot hang up a call because the screen wont come on, unless im lucky. The sensor seem to work ok but it is just to sensitive, some lighting situations seem to affect it also.

I think this is a very very stupid thing, the iphone i hade before didnt care if you covered the sensor with a finger, it just worked when you put it against your ear.

Any one with info about this?

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
u got to blow on top of the sensor or into earpiece towards center hard. Something is blocking. That's what I did.

Hiro2

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Tilt the phone under the bright light, over the "N" on Nokia logo, you will see a proximity sensor, right next to the front camera. At this moment, it has to be spotless in order to work but as soon as there is a fingerprint on it, it doesnt react. A lot of people having the same issue, majority thinks that the sensor to sensative and expecting a fix in the future update.

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Don't settle with blowing the dust out of your phone unless you can't afford to send your phone to Nokia for repairs. If your phone has dust under the front facing camera like mine did, it's the result of a hardware issue that should be fixed by Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb