Lumia 920 Red dots/spots in low light pictures

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

So, I just noticed that in low light pictures (no flash, focus assist), there are these two red dots that always seem to show up. They are always in the same location...on towards the lower center of the screen, and another diagonal from that one, in towards the top right corner.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

I have attached a pic.

Attachments

• low light spots 920.jpg
    low light spots 920.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 32

Rebelatheart

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
They are not there prior to taking the pic, or even during the 1 sec where the pic remains on the screen before going back to the live camera. Its definitely not a stuck pixel.

orionll

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If they show up all the time, they're probably dead/stuck pixels on the camera sensor.

Edit: Yeah, what the person above said.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello.

So, I just noticed that in low light pictures (no flash, focus assist), there are these two red dots that always seem to show up. They are always in the same location...on towards the lower center of the screen, and another diagonal from that one, in towards the top right corner.

Anyone else see this? Any ideas?

Thanks,

I have attached a pic.

Definitely stuck / dead pixel on the camera sensor. Most DSLRs have these, too - they don't become visible unless you take long-exposure shots. On DSLRs, you usually have a mapping routine that'll eliminate them. On cameras, you usually don't. I'm willing to bet that a significant number of mobile phone users have these, as it's pretty much impossible to make a perfect 8 megapixel sensor. I doubt they'll let you replace the phone over that as there are tolerance levels for these sensors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon