How to use NFC - Lumia 920

Mr_Great

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to share some simple pictures through NFC with my wife and I can not seem to get it to work. I 'calibrated' my phone with the NFC sticker that came with it in the box, and that works fine. But when I press share on a picture and press "tap and send" it tells me to put my phone up against hers, but nothing happens. She has a Samsung galaxy s3 and she can do the NFC sharing with other gs3's, which leads me to think that something is wrong with MY phone.

I have "tap+send" turned on in settings and Bluetooth too. Am I missing something, cam you only use NFC if the two devices are the same, or is there something wrong with my phone??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

erasure25

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
IIRC, you can only send contact information and URLs from a Nokia to a Samsung and vice versa (not sure if this is software limitation due to Nokia, Microsoft, Samsung and/or Android). You can share photos and other things with another WP8, just a Samsung can share with other Samsung's.

calderon501

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, WP8 has issues with "formatting" NFC tags, meaning what you try and send to an Android phone won't show up right cause it can't understand it. I've tried a few times to Tap+Send with friends who have Android phones, with no luck (shows up with a url/link to the sd card on wp8)

Geronimo928

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Go to a web page, click share and then tap to send. It will share the web page with your wife's S3. I wish it were simpler like the S3 shares by just holding the phone and then prompting you to send.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa