3 Questions about Lumia 920 about, downloading ringtones, GPS on/off, sim card control ?

orients

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
recently i got Nokia Lumia 920 ..

i have these 3 questions .. if any knows the answers ..

1. When i download ringtones from any website it gives me (downloading ...) .. however .. i didnt find where is the location of the downloaded file?

2. is there any way to on/off the GPS? or it will be open automatecally with nokia maps, drive navigator ... ?

3. how can i delete some contacts or modify it from SIM card?

thank you ..

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
1. I don't think you can download the ringtone and set it as ringtone from browser, my suggestion is download apps like easyRing & Music, you can search, download and set the ringtones altogether. If you can't find the ones you want there and still would like custom ones you would have to do it through PC. Also there's a few ringtone makers in the marketplace

2.Either turn off the location service altogether in Settings, or turn it off within the app you don't want accessing your location.

3. This should be simple...if I am understanding correctly. Go to your contacts ("People"), find the person you want to delete, long press on his name, delete.

orients

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Thank you ..

3. if i delete person from contacts .. it will be deleted from hotmail sync .. i dont know whthere will be deleted from SIM card or not ..

in most mobile phones either smart or classic phones .. there is distinguish between contacts on phone and contacts on SIM .. here in lumia 920 .. one list .. it is probably for hotmail sync (phone directory) ..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234