I give up... My Lumia 920 doesn't have enough apps...

anilraj

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 has 32GB of space.
And after the WP8, I have a few GBs less.

At most, I can only install a few thousand apps.
I can't figure out how iPhone and Android users can have 700K apps in their phone.

I am no more fighting with iPhone and Android users on the app issue.
They win.
I have decided to live with around 60 apps in my phone.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
hmmm , In 2007 using an Iphone was a sacrifice for a reward , the Capacitve screen wasn't as accurate as previous touch screens , couldn't be handled with pens or fingernails , Bluetooth file sharing with other phones was (and still is to some extent) out of the question. Coverage issues and basic calling features were missing , but the OS was just done right.

I could apply the same principle of things on WP8 , Its the first cloud connected OS where the line between whats online and whats not kind of blur , it's the best social OS with further improvements to come , and seeing how its very code friendly that it shocked VLC developers team , I think apps won't take as long to start showing up for WP8 , (They already started to increase don't be fooled by Devs calling it quits . ... :) )

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Sarcasm seems to be lost in a lot of people.

Seriously, though, I never understood the apps "issue." How many apps does someone really need?

zokir

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Wait, so author really thinks that iphone and android users have 700k apps on the phone? Not in the store, but on actual phone at any time? If thats what you meant, then go read physics book

p.s oh thats sarcasm? or is it?

lowry

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I agree totally. The lack of banking apps is what forces me to drag my iPad with me when I would like to only have my phone. On the whole I have found replacement for every app but the banking ones.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Another day, another Windows Phone lack of apps thread. You knew what you were getting in to by going with a Windows Phone.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree totally. The lack of banking apps is what forces me to drag my iPad with me when I would like to only have my phone. On the whole I have found replacement for every app but the banking ones.

I used to complain that my credit union offered apps for IOS and Android but now for WP. Actually it's a non issue, I just use my phone's browser and access my accounts online instead. :grin:

zokir

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Please enlighten us with what exactly physics has to do with apps?
ok, theme started said that 700k apps on the actual phone, (now we all know it was a sarcasm). program contains of bits, bits stored in the sectors in hard drive, if it is said that iphone has 32 gb of memory => certain number of sectors. 700k apps need more number of sectors that 32 gb => in classical physics you cannot fit larger volume in smaller volume keeping the both volumes constant. => Unless they make some "black hole" technology in iphone that would not be possible. Here is the physics for you. :)

FLLMTR

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have owned an iPhone 4 and the HTC One X and now the Lumia 920. People were complaining about the lack of apps for Android as little as a year ago. Now Android is running toe to toe with iOS. Every day more apps are being added to WP8. Granted, WP8 had a tall hill to climb to reach iOS, but it the platform is catching on and app developers will be foolish to ignore it. I like too many of the features of the 920 to go back to Android or iOS. The biggest feature for me is being able to add browser tabs on my home screen. I love the live tile notification and the free Nokia music. Not to sound like a fan-boy but these features are why I am going to stick it out with WP8.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Love my 920, not going anywhere (at least any time soon). I've had multiple iOS and Android devices, and every device has its drawbacks. Before I buy my device I already know what they are. How ever I would love to see some more apps on my phone like banking apps, Chase, Discover, etc. I would also like to see apps like KBB, Edmund's just to name a few (I like my cars lol). This is not a deal breaker, as I can always just use a browser to get to these websites, but an app is just a tid bit quicker if is done right. Just my 2 cents :)

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Not saying that Windows Phone doesn't need any more apps but rather what we have isn't too shabby. I'd like to see a Regions Banking app, Photosynth return, and a few others but I don't think their absences kills the system. Personally, I could care less about Instagram but recognize that it's a popular service to many.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss