firmware updates, should have been more careful.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I updated my 920 to portico using the Belgian firmware as I needed the camera fix for my trip to Spain. I flew out on Xmas eve and I have had a working phone for maybe 5 hrs since.

The phone locks up completely with the screen becoming completely unresponsive, AFAIK the hardware still works, people can ring me, I can see txt's arrive, I just cant get to anything as the touch part of the screen doesn't work.

I thought the camera part was working via the hardware button, as I could access the camera, but not change any settings. After finally getting the phone back to a responsive state with its millionth soft reset, it would appear that the camera is only choosing to work when it wants to as I have a completely random selection of photos on my 920. By random, I mean that if I had taken 500 photos, I can see 80 in my camera roll with no sense over which ones are there as they are from all days and times..

I fly back tomorrow and will revert back to the old uk firmware and wait for our version to be released.

so be careful, the rush to the latest and greatest isn't always a good idea, Im hoping that I can hook up my laptop tomorrow and recover the missing photos somehow...

Saltank

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my 920 on EE on the 17th. Two days in I took some photos which were never on the camera roll, so I connected it to my PC and found the photos were there, but surprisingly - they were corrupt. I copied all but one of them, which is still corrupted and can see them. But, they still don't show up in the camera roll.

Check if you have the same issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss