Phone Call Audio Quality

William Gardner

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what did it. My phone has been working 100% to my knowledge, but lately there is an issue.
I seem to get a buzzing sound when people are talking in call. Almost like the speaker is blown, even on low volume this still happens.
I haven't dropped it, I never keep the volume on max, no water. Iunno, software update fix me?

erike3198

Aug 10, 2007
Visit site
This just started happening to me. Any fix? Does this go away on its own? Will I need another replacement phone? Argh!! Lately, the past 2 days, when I am on a call, the call sounds like the speaker is blown, like the other caller has a buzz sound and a little distorted. If I lower the volume down from 10 to 5, it sounds normal, but the sound used to be perfect and I can't always keep the volume at 5, the sound would be too low. Sound is fine on speakerphone and Bluetooth.

dacarter77

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
This is my biggest complaint on the phone, distorted incoming sound quality. When I first got the phone, it was great, but something happened, now it's almost unusable.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I got a Lumia 920 last Saturday (exactly a week today) and I left it in my carrier's store for them to check the very poor battery performance, 3 or 4 times it drained 30-40% and also for poor call quality, specially the problem you described: the caller sound like in a box or something and the volume is low even at max call volume (10 in WP).

It's this still an issue with you guys? The phone is running 1308 firmware with 1314 not available here in Mexico/Telcel yet.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I got a Lumia 920 last Saturday (exactly a week today) and I left it in my carrier's store for them to check the very poor battery performance, 3 or 4 times it drained 30-40% and also for poor call quality, specially the problem you described: the caller sound like in a box or something and the volume is low even at max call volume (10 in WP).

It's this still an issue with you guys? The phone is running 1308 firmware with 1314 not available here in Mexico/Telcel yet.

1. Restart your phone and OPEN battery apps, to check a correct battery-% (yeah, that MS battery apps gives too often misleading numbers, when trying guess your usage) ... once again, YOU have to open any battery apps after restart (you can not look any number from a tile) ....

2. Check that your "noise cancellation" microphone tiny holes, in up very near audio connector, are open (not dirty ones) ... use a pin to open them ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills