Received warranty replacement

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The OS does not have the Portico update. I hated the fluctuating brightness issue it caused on my original, and the faster draining battery, so am hesitant to force the update right now. I've had the replacement about 10 hours - no store updates yet.

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If your phone is behaving, and you can live without the updated camera then I would wait. My phone was normal before the update. After 10 hours of light usage was down to 85%...now...well, let's just say I don't have great battery life.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Portico had no effect on my battery life, but the fluctuating brightness has been pissing me off. The update overall was not worth it for me.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I am getting my replacement tomorrow. I wanted my original phone repaired (for vibration and light leak) but they just are sending me a new one instead. At first was elated but now slightly confused about it. What if it comes with its own set of issues?

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, got the new 920. Wrapped in bubble-wrap. And with the Portico update!!
Unfortunately, it doesn't look the vibration thingy has been fixed. Oh well, at least the light leak issue is fixed.

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Actually before portico I had every feature shut and my phone still didn't last a day ,with portico it lasts a day with all features on (Xbox connect = huge drainer btw) + (Location= it seems you should actually keep it on because the software seems to loop looking for location when you deactivate it)
+ WLAN always on + 3g...
So Portico actually improved my battery life.

Fleon

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
How did you even get a replacement? I've gotten so fed up with Nokia that I'll never recommend another of these to anyone and I'll certainly buy a Samsung ATIV as soon as they get released for AT&T, even if I have to play full price. My experience has been like this:

Call Nokia.
Tell them the update bricked my phone. Only get turning gears for 8 hours til the battery dies.
They ask for the serial number.
I ask where the serial number is. They say under "Settings then click About"
I remind them I can't get to setttings.
They fail to resolve my warranty issues. Promise to call me back and fail.

This is honestly the worst cellphone warranty service I've ever had. I can't even get them to agree to take the phone and bill me later if it turns out to not be under warranty. I've sent in Apple devices, Samsung Galaxies, HTCs. Never seen a company act this badly. Will I recommend them? Absolutely not. This is just insulting.

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Do you no longer have access to the box / purchase materials for your phone? You should be able to find your IMEI one of these ways.

Also, I just received my replacement device in the mail since my original phone suffered from dust under the front facing camera. Although losing my phone sucked, I have had a very positive experience with Nokia overall. Might try again and see if you have better luck 😊

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you no longer have access to the box / purchase materials for your phone? You should be able to find your IMEI one of these ways.

Also, I just received my replacement device in the mail since my original phone suffered from dust under the front facing camera. Although losing my phone sucked, I have had a very positive experience with Nokia overall. Might try again and see if you have better luck 😊

the phones from Nokia come without the box now :|

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Got a loaner phone from nokia which was brand new, im giving that to my niece to use since her phone bricked, but eventually have to return to nokia. Got a replacement for my original after a month, didnt come with a box, just came in bubble wrap with a tag on it with imei, the replacement phone is rebooting multiple times every hour, going to have to get another replacement, but nokia said i would have to wait till january. annoying.

mcbredditor

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You guys are with AT&T?

I have my sixth...that's right...SIXTH replacement Lumia 920. I am NOT ****ting you.

The first four were white, swapped out in store at AT&T at no charge, for battery life issues.

The fourth white's internals became loose, dust behind the camera, etc. This was Thursday, 20 December 2012 at around 5pm. I login to my AT&T online, and I opened up the Live Chat with warranty service. Explained the issues, and requested a different color for my troubles(RED).

No less than 30 minutes later I was finished chatting...I STILL had my Lumia 920 to use, and I had a fed-ex tracking number for the replacement. They had told me it would arrive most likely after Christmas. (No cost so far my friends)

The mother ****er was on my doorstep at 1030 AM the next day Friday the 21st of December Two thousand and mother ****ing twelve! Put my sim card in, set it up...put my white 920 in the box and dropped it in a USPS dropbox to be sent back...No cost. ----This came wrapped in plastic, nothing else, except a bubble pocket for my replaced phone.

I went to Ohio for Christmas and got back on Wednesday the 26th...I noticed there were about six dead pixels on the lower left corner of the screen...I know right? The next day, around 8PM!! I decide to, once again, get online and explain the situation. This time I requested Yellow or I will leave AT&T. She obliged. So I placed this order around 830PM on Thursday the 27th of December 2012, the woman had told me due to the holidays, I should receive it no later than the 3rd of January 2013... I said okay.

It shows up the next day FRIDAY the 28th of December 2012 at 10AM! Holy **** AT&T/FedEx...You guys rock. This time it was in a brand new un-opened AT&T nokia box, that I get to keep with an extra wireless charger for my troubles(making it the third of now three free wireless chargers).

So far? SO GOOD. I hope it stays that way. I'm sorry for the botched story-telling, but I had to get it out. Oh, and by the way, AT&T and FedEx have something going on together, they shipped both phones from Texas to coastal North Carolina in nearly 14 hours from order placement.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool story bro.

I've had tires mounted on wheels shipped in the same amount of time with free shipping from 10 states away. Its a matter of how fast planes fly and drivers drive.

Haven't had to request a new 920 yet, but have had to do some soft reboots with battery dying overnight recently. Uninstalled Mmm Beer and some LBP knock off game and no more battery loss. Knock on brick.

Goku1982jason

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
When you have all called for a replacement did you call att or nokia?? Also if you called att was it within 14 days of purchase? My brother got a 920 when they came out and now the flash doesn't work. I'd like to know how he can get a replacement since he is out of the 14 day return window.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
It is really a bad news that the phone without the box.

Warranty exchanges that is normal practice for att and other carriers. They send you a phone likely repaired or refurbished without box or accessories because u keep ur existing ones and then u send the phone back. Rarely if ever u get a brand new phone through a warranty exchange.

This is warranty exchange, you can get a brand new from where u purchased if u are within the purchase window of 14 days for att or whatever day each respective carrier has

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm on my third replacement, convinced AT&T to swap me to an HTC One X+. I gave it my best shot, but I'm washing my hands of the situation.

anon(2255)

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I had the GS3 and liked it, but I got rid of it for the Lumia. Mainly, the One X+ has better trade value right now, going to get either the Nexus 4 or a Canadian Razr HD/HDMaxx for it.

sapperdad17

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How did you even get a replacement? I've gotten so fed up with Nokia that I'll never recommend another of these to anyone and I'll certainly buy a Samsung ATIV as soon as they get released for AT&T, even if I have to play full price. My experience has been like this:

Call Nokia.
Tell them the update bricked my phone. Only get turning gears for 8 hours til the battery dies.
They ask for the serial number.
I ask where the serial number is. They say under "Settings then click About"
I remind them I can't get to setttings.
They fail to resolve my warranty issues. Promise to call me back and fail.

This is honestly the worst cellphone warranty service I've ever had. I can't even get them to agree to take the phone and bill me later if it turns out to not be under warranty. I've sent in Apple devices, Samsung Galaxies, HTCs. Never seen a company act this badly. Will I recommend them? Absolutely not. This is just insulting.
I totally agree with you. I tried to go through Nokia for a replacement, it was absolutely horrible. I use my phone for work and can't just send it off. They refused and wouldn't do anything, called ATT, there shipping me a refurbished, so when I get it, I'll just ship my current one back.
But dont you know, of course while I'm waiting for it, my screen cracks because I dropped it from one foot off the ground. Wtf? Ugh. Hopefully they will still replace it since they have already done the paperwork and everything. :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon