Location services problem!

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a very specific, yet crippling problem with location!

- Occurs only in Nokia maps, when pulling up an address, then click 'directions to' from current address
- ONLY occurs when on cellular (4G) network. Wifi works fine.

Problem: It searches forever, then says 'can't find your location.' If I just hit the location round button, it finds my location fine! Just has problems finding my location when it comes to searching for directions.

- gmaps works fine, but I prefer nokia because less laggy
- on wifi it works fine
- tried reinstalling nokia maps, and soft resetting, didn't work

Let me know thanks!

Nabkawe5

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Okey I guess your problem is due to the battery saving techniuqes followed by WP8 regarding 3g/4g data usage. So try this please Open internet explorer and enter a site(preferably a big one ... hint: WPcentral.com then quickly switch back to Nokia Maps/drive and search ... Let me know what happens.

Last edited:

octavian90

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion but still having this problem =(, tried the ##3282 trick for switching to 3g only, and have the exact same problem. Location found ok, but when I try to get directions it searches for my location forever...=(

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've been having problems all day - from the People hub I am unable to check in - it can't find my location and offers no suggestions. If I open the Facebook app, I can check in and get a list of nearby locations. There have been other glitches throughout the day. Glad it's not just me!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
No. I tried restting my phone to factory defaults and ended up bricking it (a bug, apparently) so I used the thread on this forum to download the firmware and flashed it. Since then it has been absolutely rock solid - no glitches, everything works as it should and it is much faster all round. I am very pleased!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234