Lumia 920 Shuts Down When Charging

A790

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone;

I am hoping that this community can help me as I'm at my wits end with this phone. It has a couple of issues that I find concerning (very poor bluetooth streaming audio sound quality, etc.) but the biggest one that bothers me is that the phone shuts itself down when charging.

Every night I charge my phone, and when I wake up it is turned off. It won't turn on unless I hold the volume down + power buttons simultaneously. This is causing me to miss alarms and other notifications.

I have updated the phone to the latest software and the problem still persists. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

Thanks!

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
factory reset it or in settings do a phone reset (in about phone). sounds like it could just be a bad installation of the OS. so a phone reset could fix your issue. but then of course you will have to set up your phone again. but a small price to pay to get rid of your headache.

A790

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried resetting the phone and no dice.

Also, the phone is no longer charging when it shuts itself off every night.

I LOVE Windows phone, but my needs are pretty simple and I just want a straightforward experience. Unfortunately I will be going back to Apple... *sigh*

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It happend to me the first time yesterday also from the wireless charger .I've just (Plugged) it into the charger. and restarted the phone normally and it worked.

A790

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
This is using wired charging.

As an experiment I tried plugging it into my PC to charge. It's been there for 8 hours and has not turned off. It appears that it only turns off when plugged into a wall charger...

goldfinch711

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You should get a replacement. I have these issues only when charging wirelessly. I'm going to order a replacement from Vodafone in January.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Happening to me, too - right now.
My patience with this phone is running out quickly.
Seems to be poor testing and QC ...

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The 1st time I charged my 920 with the wireless charger this happened but hasn't happened since. That said I wouldn't trust the wireless charger for charging over night so I plug it in so there aren't any problems.

crackdezberries

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
its been happening to me after the portico update, and it is happening to my girlfriends phone and mine. We wake up and phones off, and in order to turn on we have to hold power and volume rocker down. It has occurred to both of us at least twice last week one phone wired charging while the other charged wirelessly.

elyod

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This problem began for me the day I received portico. I am on ATT, so I was one of the first to get it. I tried various things for a few days, phone locked up every night on a wireless charger. I finally did a hard reset... Which led to the phone being stuck on the spinning gears. Well, I then held down the three buttons to do a reset and it booted. That was a few days ago, and since then I have had great battery life, no lockups, and restoring the phone was simple too, thanks to the apps and settings backup. What an adventure this has been... It's like an abusive relationship, the 920 doesn't treat me right sometimes, but I'm not willing to leave. Haha
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

agaace

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second Lumia 920 device, and my phone turns itself off regularly 1-2 times a day. When I wake up it's usually off, which means I can't rely on it as alarm clock. Super annoying.
I'm on ATT as well. I bought my bro an unlocked European version of the phone, and it works flawlessly, and we both have all latest updates, so my thinking was that ATT might have something to do with it. What's this portico thing everyone's been talking about?

Sanjay Tummala

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem shutting down issue. I email Nokia care and they wanted me to send it to their repair canter..this is my scond lumia 920 they have same issue now my 14 days with at&t is done so i tried something. I fully charge my battery before i go to bed and guess what no more shutting down and i can still use is all day and still have 30% battery power left on nokia

AdmiralCrisp

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I've also been having this problem. It's weird because the first time it happened was on the wireless charger, but after I soft reset it, it was fine for a week on the wireless. Then it locked up again on the wireless so I switched to the wired the next night to see if it was the charger and it still locked up on the wired. After I soft reset it works fine all day, but it's been locking up on a daily basis now (still using wired charger). I have no idea what's wrong with my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos