MMS issue and a weird battery drain

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
At least once/day, my Lumia 920 will just stop receiving MMS messages. SMS comes through fine, but it refuses to download MMS and won't let me send, either. I tested this by trying to send to myself and a friend. If i reboot the phone, it starts working again.

At first, I thought it might be something on the back end with AT&T and my service, but placing my SIM in my Galaxy Note II and running it for several days, I had no issues at all. This has been driving me crazy.

Another issue is that after I use my Lumia to stream music over bluetooth in my car, it drains battery very quickly for the rest of the day, like something is running in the background. A view of the most recent apps doesn't usually show anything alarming, even the Nokia music app is no longer running. This weird battery drain only happens on days that I use my phone to stream music in the car.

Anyone else seeing something similar? Any issues with MMS? Or am I the only one? I can't see any way to fix this. It has to be the phone, but I don't want to wipe and I can't see it being an APN issue.

MaxPower203

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone used to have the same issue with MMS messages if your data connection was wonky. If 3G isn't working or if you have a low signal, MMS's don't seem to work. Here in Canada, anyway.

And your phantom battery drain is common to many of us. It's not usually one specific app that causes it. It seems that the WP8's randomly get something stuck in their memory and keeps running, even after you close out of the program.

My suggestion for both is to turn your phone off then on again. It's worked for me. (Mostly with the battery drain issue.)

Good luck! 😊

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone used to have the same issue with MMS messages if your data connection was wonky. If 3G isn't working or if you have a low signal, MMS's don't seem to work. Here in Canada, anyway.

And your phantom battery drain is common to many of us. It's not usually one specific app that causes it. It seems that the WP8's randomly get something stuck in their memory and keeps running, even after you close out of the program.

Yeah, thanks. It just doesn't seem like I should have to reboot my phone daily. That's like Android 2.2 territory there.
My suggestion for both is to turn your phone off then on again. It's worked for me. (Mostly with the battery drain issue.)

Good luck! 

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs