Question for recent purchasers (re: dust)

rdifiori

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Can any recent (like after Christmas) purchasers comment on the dust issue? Does it look like Nokia has fixed this on their latest batches? I moved to the 8x because of the dust under the front camera/proximity sensor issue, and I do enjoy the 8x, but I'd really like to move back to the 920 if the problem is corrected.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a black 920 on the 27th and there is no dust problem/creaking near the audio jack/over heating while wirelessly charging. It has been working perfectly these past few days.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i can agree kuffcakes. my sister got a lumia 920 for christmas (black one, the color that seems to have the most problems) and the smudge that you could wipe away but would come back that was at the proximity sensor is now gone. also no creaking above the proximity sensor. the portico update installed flawlessly along with all the nokia updates. maybe all the internet complaints about those things have made nokia take extra care with their quality control? i did see a quality control sticker on the box her lumia came in that wasnt on the box that my lumia came in.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I didnt get one for christmas, but I have from like the second batch (or at leats not the first one), and I dont have any issues regarding this.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I got a warranty replacement just before Christmas no dust so far. The bezel seams to be better sealed on this one as well if that makes any sense.

Philippe Maes

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have my black one a week now and no problems at all. But I notice there is a very small gap on the sides of the screen, I can stick the corner of a paper in there. Those gaps seem to collect some dust which you can see if you look closely, but it does not bother me. My brothers one x has the same problem.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Just because you don't have dust now doesn't mean it won't get in there.

Here's a simple way to test if the ffc is sealed. Breathe on it, the ffc / ear speaker, with an open mouth...you know...haaaaaaaa. If it's not sealed, like mine, the glass above the ffc will fog up, on what appears to be the bottom side of the touch screen glass.

Doing this should also clear very minimal dust. I've had one or two specs of dust in their twice, from putting the phone in linty jean pockets with the ffc end of the phone, top, at the bottom of the pocket where $*** collects. After being cognizant of how I put the phone in my pocket, top of phone facing up, I have never had any more dust appear inside the ffc headspace.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine about a week and a half and it's dust free. No issues with this phone whatsoever. Freaking love it over my "old" HTC One X.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I had dust inside the phone, not the ffc. Noticed creaking as well so I replaced mine at the AT&T store. I wad concerned the creaking and dust might get worse. This phone had a QC Pass sticker on the box. Not sure if that means it is refurbished or a newer 920. Everything feels solid so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs