Lens protector for Nokia Lumia 920

RushilPa

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
You know how we protect our screens from getting scratched? I was wondering if anyone knew about a lens cover protector, you know, to protect it from scratches, I just want to protect the Lens's pristine quality for long term usage. So if anyone knows about any such lens cover protector for the Lumia 920, please let me know :) Thank you!

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Don't think any such protectors exist for the camera lens. If you put a hard case on the phone this would create a gap between the lens and any other surface so would lessen the risk of scratching the lens.

FUS3360

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a case on my Lumia 920 but I did purchase a full body invisible shield from zagg.com I always place my phone upside down its just a habit for me but If you want to protect your lens, the only two ways I know of are buying a case or placing the phone screen down..

blaneyloves

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I got a Martin Fields screen protector for my 820. Has a protective piece for the lens and the metal strip surrounding it with cutout for the flash. Would assume you can get one for 920 with it being the flagship. I paid ?12.99 via amazon and it shipped from HK to UK in about 10 days.

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Just searching the thread for scratch related info - after finding a few faint scratches on the "non-scratchable" Corning Gorilla glass :/ thinking whether to go for a protector now - but have heard somewhere that the protector might well use up a bit of battery coz of the Lumia's ultra-sensitive screen. Any of you guys noticed the same?

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I am very suprised that nobody or very few people actually thought of protecting the most important aspect of the phone ... which is the lens...(esp since L920 is the "best phone camera")
ask any serious photographer, they will protect their lens with protective gear...but unfortunately, till now, i cant find any proper case / cover that actually protect the phone camera lens unless there are "IN_Bulid" into the camera ,check this old classic out ...
Sony Ericsson Satio (Idou) pictures, official photos
i know this adds BULK to our beloved "tank" but it really looks a "semi-camera" & actually PROTECTS THE LENS! ...i really love the design ...and actually owned one before....

what i do for L920, is a bit "off the market" ..but i guess, there are others, but i doubt they will comment or say...
1) get a external case
2) use a clear plastic cover / plastic sheet and cover the tiny circle lens using a tape ....it looks ugly and random and people will give u "the look" but ****, least u are protecting your camera lens

updated: i will remove the clear plastic when i take pic..and stick back after i am done taking the pic...yes it is troublesome, but if u want to protect the lens...u gotta take the extra step...unless there is another better way ...i am all ears

i am open to other people suggestions to how to "protect" the phone camera lens...

cheers!

Last edited:

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, if you want to take as good quality photos as possible, you won't want to take photos through a piece of clear plastic sheet / tape / external case, because they simply don't have the optical quality that fits the purpose.

I don't think there are practical and *good* way to protect the lens except using a purse or something similar, so the lens doesn't get scratches in everyday use. However better leave the lens bare while taking photos...

Rickosw

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Believe me, if you want to take as good quality photos as possible, you won't want to take photos through a piece of clear plastic sheet / tape / external case, because they simply don't have the optical quality that fits the purpose.

I don't think there are practical and *good* way to protect the lens except using a purse or something similar, so the lens doesn't get scratches in everyday use. However better leave the lens bare while taking photos...

QUOTE]

yes i agree, the pic wont turn out good...what i meant was ... i will remove the clear plastic when i take pic..and stick back after i am done taking the pic...yes it is troublesome, but if u want to protect the lens...u gotta take the extra step...unless there is another better way ...i am all ears...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05