Recorded video has no audio

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Mine did work initially and I certainly dropped it enough times to rattle/break something inside, so I'm betting that was my cause.

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yes, recorded some video on my 1020 and no audio!!!! i was like WHAT!!!!!!! this is a replacement phone, i did drop my first phone, so i tried the headphone trick and yep i have audio on my video: i also noticed that the chime features while charging doesn't rechime after a full wireless charge, but back to the topic on hand: for right now the headphone trick will have to do until Nokia f finds out what is going on, just tried the voice to text and NOPE, not working but plug in the head set and WALLA!!!! we have voice commands...hummmmmmmm?????

bmcking

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I had thus happen. I had Bluetooth enabled with my car..and if I was close enough to still be in range of my car it would connect back and look for the audio input from my cars mic. Try disabling Bluetooth while recording.

Vasya Aksyonov

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same thing with my Lumia 925. After reading this thread I've tried to plug headphones in and out few times intensively and it solved the issue. Hope it helps someone else

Vasya Aksyonov

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, now it doesn't work at all and nothing helps :) and it's definitely related to headphones connector, if I press on it during recoding I get awful noise in resulting video

Jack Aung

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
First, go to setting and find some kind of "permission manager or permission monitor" then click app that you want to allow audio recording etc... I hope it helps you this.

anhuegel

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Got this fixed by resetting the camera only

Go to
- Settings
- Wipe over to Applications
- choose Photo & Camera
- select reset camera at the bottom

anhuegel

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
It appears, that my solution with resetting only helped for the video recorded immediately after.

In the meantime I think it helped to uninstall an App called Audio Recorder. That seemed to interfere with the sound volume when recording a video

jeyifous

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I also have this problem, I took a video on our festival (sinulog) here in cebu but there is no sounds at all. all the videos.

Marcin Pluta

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
HI All
I had similar issue for but in my case recorded audio was very scrambled. I Had tried everything and came up with the permanent solution and found the root problem:
Lumia 925 has 2 microphones, first is used when on a call an in some camera apps and it's located at the bottom of the phone, the second is used when using loudspeaker mode or when recording audio it is located in the top of the phone on the right side of a headphones jack (a small hole is there ).
Most of the issues are coming from poor quality / damage to the top microphone.
The solution is to replace it, the mic comes together with charging port and audio jack. It cost around 2Gbp including postage from ebay and you need a bit of diy skills,a T4 and T5 Torx screwdriver and some sharp needle to lift the TOP RIGHT corner (when looking from the back ) of the battery cover.
TIP:
-Once You see motherboard remember to unplug the antenna cable in the right bottom of the phones motherboard
-To take out jack and mic assy remove the metal like frame from inside then push the old jack from outside to inside with anything what will fi (eg headphones plug.

Once replaced put everything back together and job done enjoy !

Best Regards

Robert65now

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
I high recorded about six videos in a row Christmas morning, everyone in the family opening presents, etc. I've now gone back to review them and not a single one of them has any audio. Complete silence. Every video recorded before that has audio, and a few afterwards as well, so no it isn't case or covered mic or something. Has anyone had this happen before, it has to be some kind of software bug. If you've had it happen, do you know what triggered the bug? I'd hate to have to record a little and play it back every time before starting a long video session, just to be sure audio is recording. I'm sure this is rare, but in my case it's pretty much ruined the Christmas memory record this year. :(

On the plus side, the video looks excellent! :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre