Absolutely problem free Lumia 920 owner's thread

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
On my second L920 (White) flawless with the update. Device runs great and no dust under the screen...Fingers crossed.

nokiafan99

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I am lucky here. Got it on Nov 9th through att. No problem whatsoever..... The battery with moderate to medium usage lasts me a day and the screen is so good looking...

Last edited:

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My red ATT 920 was problem free until the Portico update then I started having idle battery drain. 10% or so an hour with no use at all. It kept this up for 3 days and then stopped. Now I'm back to problem free. My live tiles even update and I use WeatherFlow. I'm quite a happy camper.

ibuyufo

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
My yellow at&t 920 was problem free before the portico update. I have since gone back to the previous firmware and everything seems to be running fine.

9204life

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My first 920 had battery issues. I traded it back in and got a new white one, this one has been excellent. I can go 2 days without charging.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Black AT&T 920 purchased on launch day. Zero problems to date (aside from the known issues affecting every 920 like the blurry photos pre-Portico). Portico update installed without a hitch. Very happy owner.

scorpian007

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Had a Telstra firmware 920 which I flashed to the unbranded ROM. No issues here at all. I'm not on Portico as it won't be released until next year here :(

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
2 white Lumia 920 here. I had no problem before Portico and no problem afterwards. Battery life is good and can last 2 days with moderate use.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Im on both sides, my original red had massive battery drain and wouldnt stop, wouldnt last me the day. So i exchange, nokia sent me a white lumia 920 as a loaner until a red one was available again.

Of the month i used the white, the phoen was great, battery lasted all day and had no other issues except black screen when calling which was resolved by blowing into sensor. Other than that, the phone was a beast and can easily last me more than a day with no issues.

Now, nokia sent me a red one to replace my original red and this phone is defective with rebooting and battery drain.

Im on the "problem free" even though of the black screen during call because all phones has a hiccup every so often, i've owned 3 iterations of iphones and each had problems at one time or another, there is not perfect phone. So the black screen is one of those quirks, but was resolved.

But im back on the problem bandwagon with this replacement red grrrr. I wish i could keep the white, but i had to give it to my niece who's phone died and using it as a loaner now :(

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
ATT owner here with Portico update installed. Phone preforms flawlessly with excellent battery life, no random reboots, and overall fantastic operation. No complaints here!

anon(1019781)

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
The ATT user who I helped get his White Lumia 920 says that he's never had a problem with the phone before or after the Portico update. He's also never had a smartphone before this.

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
AW: Absolutely problem free Lumia 920 owner's thread

Unlocked white European flashed with the German CV Portico. No issues neither before nor after the update.
Anyway, I will sell it as the camera is still too soft even with the Portico update.
Will switch back to a Nokia 808 again.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_248 using Board Express

Last edited:

Maceo3121

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: AW: Absolutely problem free Lumia 920 owner's thread

My first Lumia died after I tried a factory reset. My new replacement is running ok...(fingers crossed). Apart from the 'Find My Phone' status stuck on 'Off' and only receiving auto apps updates once and then not working..(I know there is a Nokia Accessories update which it has not picked up yet) everything else is ok.

I am getting about 35hrs with light usage and only installed two apps on my phone, I wont be installing any more apps until my phone gets updated to Portico.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Got a Yellow unlocked from Sweden on the 27th of November, no problems except with some bugged apps (WhatsApp and Facebook). I can run most other apps and have no heating problem and great battery life but with using those two my phone gets warm/hot and battery drains quicker. Nothing in their function should make them make the phone hotter and use more power than say streaming Netflix so there are obviously problems with the apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs