Camera How-tos: Bestest setting?

ikhfa

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have taken some shots with the Lumia 920. My shots do not look so good. Although perfection is not on my mind, I would like to have the best (whatever that maybe) quality shot with a set-and-forget setting; more so for general shots.

I am not an avid camera enthusiast but I did freelance as a graphic designer. And although I can understand post-processing, I have no idea about f-stops, exposure settings and whatnots. Now though, I just would like to take decent shots of my family mostly ... my kids in general. I usually take shots during the day. But the other day I went to the oceanarium which was dark and the pictures turned out ... err ... dark, with flash and all (admittedly, I'm an idiot here).

Without having to load up Photoshop, how can I get generally decent pictures?

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
There is not a set and forget setting for any camera. Photography is dependent on light and lighting changes from situation to situation. Keeping things on automatic will cover most of the situations some of the time. But you may need to use the settings to compensate for an unaccounted for variable. The 920 and 8X camera guides we posted should help you understand what the settings on your Windows Phone camera can do.

I will also go so far as to say every picture could use a little post-processing. Some more than others and some can probably survive without. But... if you want to make the most of any camera, you really need to learn your way around photo editing.

Processing images is second nature to me and it can be as easy as you want it to be. And I'm not saying everyone should go out and spend hundreds on Photoshop. With the Lumia series, Creative Studio is about as simplified as you can get and only requires maybe a minute per photo to improve the overall quality of the image.

Good luck with it all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss