Does constantly charging ruin your battery?

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I tend to plug my 920 in every chance I get. In the car, at the office on and off, and whenever it starts to get low. I use my phone a lot and enjoy having the brightness set to high 24/7, so I like to have it fully charged just in case I have to go an extended period of time without access to a charge.

My roommate told me that charging my phone on and off will ruin the battery. Is this true? Yes my phone dies quickly but I do use it a lot and don't really make an effort to conserve.

Thoughts?

JConn_Lefty

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I tend to plug my 920 in every chance I get. In the car, at the office on and off, and whenever it starts to get low. I use my phone a lot and enjoy having the brightness set to high 24/7, so I like to have it fully charged just in case I have to go an extended period of time without access to a charge.

My roommate told me that charging my phone on and off will ruin the battery. Is this true? Yes my phone dies quickly but I do use it a lot and don't really make an effort to conserve.

Thoughts?

im no battery expert but one member here (i forget his name) has done some thorough investigations and he recommends charging the phone before it goes below 40% and to stop the charging process before 100%. apparently, the type of battery we have doesn't like extreme heat/cold. the phone should not be charged past the 100% mark apparently. this is when excessive amount of heat is generated from the battery, in return degrading the performance...

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Thoughts?

I use to charge my Nokia N8 a lot but the battery still lasted 3 years. I sure if you're careful like JConn_Lefty mentioned, I would have probably gotten 4 years out of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium