74m Drop Test - results within...

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Take it back to the store you bought it from and tell them you want a new phone as the one they sold you was obviously suicidal and that should have been disclosed before purchase.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Phones are a part of every day life - like cars and toasters. Every now and then, you are going to break or lose one. Count on it. When it happens, you just have to sigh, learn from the experience if possible, and buy a new one. It hurts more for phones cause we are used to the silly subsidy programs of Carriers, unlike Toasters and cars. But you can't spend 2 years with an iPhone, the bills for your Anger Management Therapy sessions will be much more than a new Lumia.

For what its worth I suggest either getting another Lumia 920.

Just wondering, was your phone bareback? I found with my L900 that adding a ZAGG whole body cover gave just the right amount of grip and substantially reduced the number of "Drop Tests" I performed. I have one for my 920 serving this week and I'm being very careful till then cause this happy ne is a bit slippery (mine is red, hence also glossy). If you get a new one it might be worth considering.

Good luck!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Phones are a part of every day life - like cars and toasters. Every now and then, you are going to break or lose one. Count on it.

Now, not that I mean to be picky or anything.... Maybe you might lose your car in a gigantic car park occasionally, but when did you last lose your toaster? :s

:angel:

@OP Really sorry to see that! Hope 2013 picks up for you and you can get a replacement soon.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
now, the question to ask is... are there any electrical guys on the forum that might be able to fix his phone and replace the screen?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
now, the question to ask is... are there any electrical guys on the forum that might be able to fix his phone and replace the screen?

Did you look at the pics? haha

I think your BEST bet is to start asking around the forum for someone that just recently upgraded! Like me for instance...I have an HTC Titan that I just haven't put up for sale yet... Someone like that, but from Australia.

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
74m...hm. Mine fell from my lap while getting out of the car, landed facedown and the screen shattered. I did this Xmas Eve... So merry Christmas to me. I went out the same week and bought another one.

wangloyal

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So just after midnight on NYE as I was taking photos of the fireworks from the Story Bridge in Brisbane.....tragedy....My phone swan dives over the railing falling 74 meters to the concrete below.

Amazingly the photos I had just taken had already uploaded to skydrive via 4G so I still have the last few snaps of the countdown with my friends.

To my surprise though as I looked on in horror the screen was still on. By the time I got down there though it was off..

For such a big fall it fared pretty well though.. the outer casing shot off to one side and the front screen is smashed but all the pieces are still there.

To say I am devastated is an under statement.

My advice. Don't drop your phone off a bridge.

Steven Ealy

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
In the case of a 74m drop, would a screen protector + hard case even have protected the phone? You can only be so careful, and FYI never trust YouTube - bunch of sub4sub, misleading thumbail/taggin ******s.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh that is awful however you did convince me to tell my dad to add insurance to all our phones.

I do think insurance on phones is a scam...yes...they are $600 pieces of technology when purchased new...but you should never plan to break one / plan for it to fall off a bridge.

In BestBuy last week, over heard a guy repurchasing an iPhone 5 because his daughter broke her's...so he was teaching her a lesson by making her get a $50 Otterbox...*rolleyes*

I do not carry insurance, and never will. If I break my Lumia or my wife breaks her iPhone 5, we will go out and buy the year older tech (~$200) until our next upgrade is available. It would be our loss for breaking it, so we have to deal with the older phone for a year.

Insurance through AT&T runs nearly $10 a month and has a $100-$200 deductible (A $200 to $350 cost if broken at 1 year). Even BestBuy's plan was like $250.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
@AndrewKeith5 - Dude, I said lose or break. Never lost a toaster, but I've had a few break over the years. 😊
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Fred Garvin MP

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, at least if you had to destroy it accidentally, you did it in a more unique way than the "Dropped my phone while putting it my pocket" thing... It still sucks, but you can, at least, say it went off a bridge! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster