Lumia 920 died during flash

VonNickstein

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

First of all, happy new year to all of you!
Mine doesn't start that well.. I tried to flash the new Lumia 920 (with camera fix) but it got stuck during the flash (got a BSOD at approx. 3%)

PC rebooted and phone was stuck in flash mode, no problem so far. But after a few minutes the phone just shut down by itself even though there was enough battery left. I was not able to get it recognized by the computer, phone did not react to any button combination..
Now one day later without SIM it is "recognized" by the pc again, I can hear a sound if I plug in the USB and hold volume down + power but I do not see a new device in the device manager.

The fix bricked Lumia 920 does not seem to work, I cannot get the phone into flash mode? I do hear the connecting usb sounds in Windows though...
Screen remains black and phone does not vibrate when I hold the buttons.

Is it bricked for good?

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

First of all, happy new year to all of you!
Mine doesn't start that well.. I tried to flash the new Lumia 920 (with camera fix) but it got stuck during the flash (got a BSOD at approx. 3%)

PC rebooted and phone was stuck in flash mode, no problem so far. But after a few minutes the phone just shut down by itself even though there was enough battery left. I was not able to get it recognized by the computer, phone did not react to any button combination..
Now one day later without SIM it is "recognized" by the pc again, I can hear a sound if I plug in the USB and hold volume down + power but I do not see a new device in the device manager.

The fix bricked Lumia 920 does not seem to work, I cannot get the phone into flash mode? I do hear the connecting usb sounds in Windows though...
Screen remains black and phone does not vibrate when I hold the buttons.

Is it bricked for good?

Did you try recovery by Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5) of Nokia Care Suite ? - it could still work ... just follow instructions of a sticky thread: "Fix for bricked 920's ... " - of course, you have to add a correct fw to rm-821 folder first (what ever you want install, but be sure that you will chose fw that is used succesfully earlier ... just DO NOT connect your Lumia 920 until you have opened a correct product by Product support tool (File - Open Product - chose RM-821) and then click Programming on the down left and chose "Recovery" ... and after all that, connect your cp by USB cable to your computer and THEN click "Start" ... if all is going well, it will ask you to hold power and volume button down for booting your cp ...

VonNickstein

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Yea I've done that.
The problem is that it does not find the phone no matter what I try.

No new device comes up but I can hear the windows sound of a connecting USB device, however nothing happens on the phone, no vibration or whatever...
I keep on trying, it seems to restart but I can't confirm as the phone doesn't display anything.

Jari P

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yea I've done that.
The problem is that it does not find the phone no matter what I try.

No new device comes up but I can hear the windows sound of a connecting USB device, however nothing happens on the phone, no vibration or whatever...
I keep on trying, it seems to restart but I can't confirm as the phone doesn't display anything.

Try to install all USB drivers to your computer - you can find them from C:/Programm Files/Nokia/NOKIA CARE SUITE/drivers ...

You might need a FUSE driver, Nokia 3806 USB driver, Nokia Connectivity cable driver and winUSB driver ....

ADD: about Product Support tool for Store 5.0 (ver. 2012.45.4.5) - after chosing a product RM-821 and clicking "Programming" and then "Recovery" and then "Start" ... and then just make your USB cable connected cp to restart and then click "Retry" button imm. if you can see it in Product Support tool for Store 5.0 ....

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett