Facebook Choices???????????

Darkgift

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
i use the built in people hub to keep up with whats new on Facebook. you can even select to only show Facebook or twitter or both at the same time. you can also comment and like things from there. for notifications i use the built in Me hub. you can also comment and like that from hub also. i find those 2 things allow me to do enough as far as Facebook goes.

The one thing I noticed that's a bit frustrating is you can't like a photo thru the Me Hub, only thru the People or Photo Hub if you tap the "flag" to the right of the post, unless I'm missing something. Otherwise I barely use the actual app and stick with the baked in goodness of the Hubs.

StevesBalls

Banned
Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Very helpful Balls ;)

I know that it's not very helpful, but unfortunately it's the sad truth. Rather than letting him wonder whether he is doing something wrong or putting his hope in alternatives that are as or more crappy, I'd rather be upfront about it and save him the trouble and frustrations that this topic brings. It simply sucks on WP and nobody is doing anything about it. It's actually one of the main reasons why I'm waiting for a Nexus 4 now. Microsoft is ignoring too many issues and it will (and it should) bite them in the ass by alienating potential new but also loyal old users.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know of any FB apps that support comment tagging with the @ key? The Android and iOS apps seem to have it.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
The mobile site is the best, IMO. I like the layout and feel of the official FB app, but three things made me want to pull my hair out:
  • Any new post makes the news feed bump back up to the top. I would loose my place if I was reading another post when this happens. GRRR!
  • The effing game/apps posts cannot be removed like the main web site. The majority of the post were stupid bejeweled/Mafia Wars/Farmville acheivements. I couldn't find a way to filter that crap out.
  • Some posts from friends on the website were not displaying on the phone app.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The mobile site is the best, IMO. I like the layout and feel of the official FB app, but three things made me want to pull my hair out:
  • Any new post makes the news feed bump back up to the top. I would loose my place if I was reading another post when this happens. GRRR!
  • The effing game/apps posts cannot be removed like the main web site. The majority of the post were stupid bejeweled/Mafia Wars/Farmville acheivements. I couldn't find a way to filter that crap out.
  • Some posts from friends on the website were not displaying on the phone app.
The last 2 are due to the app being developed by Microsoft instead of FB and those users' FB privacy settings for 3rd party apps. It was the same way on the beautiful webOS Touchpad FB app. It was hands down the best Facebook app on any platform but since it was developed by HP/Palm, it had identical issues rendering it less useful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos