Can't scroll while charging

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 920 has been great so far. However, within the last couple of days I've noticed a problem. When my phone is plugged into the wall charger I can no longer scroll. I try to flick upward to unlock it, and it doesn't unlock until the 4th or 5th try. Once into my start screen, I try to scroll and it will only open whatever app my finger hits first.

I am away from home right now so I don't know if this happens with the wireless charger or not. I have also not installed the Portico update yet.

Has anyone else experienced this?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Are you using the Nokia charger? I've have same problem when using generic charger. I also have this problem when using vehicle charger and not just with 920. I don't know the cause, but it has something to do with charger and interference coming through. If you are using Nokia charger, it may be bad. Try different chargers and different cables.

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
ditto on that. problems with chargers can cause touch issues while charging. I had the same issue with my Zune HD if I used a non Microsoft charger, and I believe I have read that some have experienced the same issue with a Nokia charger on the 920. I use my old Samsung charger and the 920 charger with no issues. So if you have access to a different charger, try that. If that makes a difference, and you are using a Nokia charger, it may be bad.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Update:
At the tome I posted this I was staying in camper. I have since moved into a hotel room and everything seems to be working fine again. I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem being resolved, but there it is.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It could be if camper was run off generator or power inverter. There is a lot of "noise" in power from generators and inverters. Can cause problems with all sorts of electronics if rectifiers are used. Some generic usb chargers are the same way.

Christophersam

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeap I am getting the same problem. However, I've noticed that it only happens when I am using other chargers aside from the one supplied with my 920. Not just generic ones, but even the ones like my sister's HTC charger makes my phone lag, but using the Nokia supplier charger does not make it lag.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
It can be because of charger and also grounding (earthing)... Capacitive touch screen sense the charge on the screen to register the touch. However, if you are using a faulty charger or having improper grounding (earthing) issues at your home/camper wiring, it disrupts the charge field on the screen. Again I noticed three pin chargers have proper grounding and have no issues compared with two pin AC chargers...

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
that used to happen to my NL900. the screen randomly moves when I hold my finger still.. third party charger problem... now I use the wireless charging stand with my 920.. no problems at all.

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like either an issue with the outlet or the wall charger... Like others, I had similar issues with a cheap wall charger that worked fine with my 4s.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes