EE UK and Free Deezer Account

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has managed to activate the free Deezer account EE offer on the Lumia 920? I can get Deezer fine on my phone and works, but cannot activate the offer, EE are looking into this but after 4 weeks and still no resolve from EE I thought I would see if anyone has this issue or if anyone found a solution?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has managed to activate the free Deezer account EE offer on the Lumia 920? I can get Deezer fine on my phone and works, but cannot activate the offer, EE are looking into this but after 4 weeks and still no resolve from EE I thought I would see if anyone has this issue or if anyone found a solution?

EE as in EE or EE Orange? EE Tmob?

I'm on Orange, now EE - get Deezer free. Created account online. Then got the app, logged in. No hassle.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yup, EE as in orange, I have done all that and it works fine, but when I put my mobile number in to activate the offer it won't recognise it, also when i go to add one page for EE through the browser on phone it does not show any add one for this phone, 4 weeks this has been with EE and they still cannot sort it, pain!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup, EE as in orange, I have done all that and it works fine, but when I put my mobile number in to activate the offer it won't recognise it, also when i go to add one page for EE through the browser on phone it does not show any add one for this phone, 4 weeks this has been with EE and they still cannot sort it, pain!

Call EE and show dissatisfaction. I was given ?30 credit on my bill as Deezer was swappable included in my plan.

Steve Leighton

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I was new to EE (not an existing Orange customer) and managed to activate Deezer. I had some problems with the app, but Deezer support sorted that out for me. To be honest though that was a month and a half ago and for the life of me I can't recall what I did to get it set up but it was straightforward through the EE website.

It's not the greatest app but better than nothing.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Ive just emailed deezer as when I put in my mobile to get the activation code I get this error An error occurred. Please try again later. but Im sure I had this set up on my titan previously
Im an orange customer btw.

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ive just emailed deezer as when I put in my mobile to get the activation code I get this error An error occurred. Please try again later. but Im sure I had this set up on my titan previously
Im an orange customer btw.

Hi Meandu, let me know how you get on as this is the problem I get. I spoke to EE last night and they said certain customers are getting this problem and they are working on it. My free trial is now over but EE are refunding me subscription and also additional data bundles I am having to buy until this problem is fixed. It's been a month now though...

@Steve Leighton, thanks for this Steve. I have deezer working fine and can use it no problems, I just cannot activate the EE offer which means I have to pay a subscription and also the data streaming and downloading music comes off my data plan rather than being in addition to it.

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok so, this probably wont work for you as I did it through orange but I went onto orangeworld on my phone(not using wifi) went to my swappables and deezer wasnt there (it was yesterday odd) I added it again and on the mobile site it let me activate it there and then via logging into deezer, my account still says premium + trial though which I wasnt sure about so I then on my PC went to the my offers page and typed in my mobile number again and this time it worked and I got my code and now it was its an orange subscription,
Again doubt it helps but it seems maybe I just didnt add the swappable properly or something

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi meandu, thanks for this, but still no luck with me. Every time I put my mobile number in on the website it comes back saying not recognised. I will try emailing Deezer to see if they can help as EE are obviously struggling with this...

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had issues with the Deezer add-on on EE as well - and I mean EE not Orange.

The Deezer app kept forgetting I was subscribing via the EE add-on and so would ask me to upgrade. In the end I removed the app completely from the phone. Logged onto the Deezer account online and deleted my account. Then signed up again with a new email address via myee.co.uk on handset and then it was fine. Do occasionally get the music deciding not to play and so have to restart handset (Lumia 920).

Perhaps try and sign up online rather than through the myee.co.uk portal on your handset? There's an option the Deezer website for EE and Orange customers.

Edited: I did also find it misbehaves more if you initially sign up via Wi-Fi rather than through normal 4G/3G data connection.

Bhav

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bhavesh, thanks for the tip, just tried setting up a brand new account and then activating the EE offer online, still got the same error though when entering my phone number, worth a shot though, Cheers!

MF73

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
hi rockstarzzz, as yet i have not got an additional credit for all the hassle, but they are refunding me my subscription costs for Deezer plus all the additional data add ons I am having to purchase to stream Deezer. Agree with you on EE, I love the phone but all the additonal offerings EE offer do not work for me with this phone, free movies NO, free games NO, Deezer No, Clone Phone NO! And I also live in a non 4g area, I am still debating with them why the **** i am paying a premium and getting sod all. If it does not get resolved I will ask them to move me back to orange on a cheaper tariff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss