01-10-2013 01:04 PM
34 12
tools
    Well, pre-portico I was getting maybe 18hrs med to heavy use.
    After installing Portico, I'm 13hrs since last charge with 46% left....

Have Wifi, Radio, Location, 4 apps in background, brightness on auto, email sync every hour and still same amount of use!

Think the battery issues boil down to apps. I know when I had Weather and Battery Status installed, both of them zipped my battery in maybe 8hrs with light use.....
    01-05-2013 04:47 PM
    I have nothing but weather channel running in background, WiFi on and brightness set to low
    01-05-2013 04:58 PM
    I agree with the app issue. Some apps are horribly coded. Surprisingly, the WPcentral app live tile is bad for my battery. Disabling the live tile bumped my average battery life from 15 hours to 25+ hours. Also, disable location settings. It drains the battery during idle mode.
    01-06-2013 06:30 PM
    I am having some problems with my battery on my Lumia 920.. I have read on this forum on everything I can find, and have asked Nokia and read on their Troubleshooting guide.

I have turned off all background tasks except myBattery, the internet sharing, Bluetooth, tap+send, location, kid's corner, and all of that is set to off. I have the display+touch sensitivity set to normal (but I can use gloves and keys with both Normal and High sensitivity...). I have completely removed the Google account from the phone, as I have read in this forum could use a lot of battery, so I'm only using the Microsoft account, Twitter, Facebook, Nokia account and I have also added Outlook.com separate from the Microsoft account (just because of the icon on the live tile).

The screen is always off, and I don't use any lock screen apps, I only have a single photo on my lock screen.

I have also turned Connect with Xbox off in the Xbox Live.

My phone always charges over night, and it's now fully charged with 100%, and estimated time remaining says 13 hours, and time since last charge is less than 1 hour. I think this is very very low! What is wrong, I have done everything possible for getting the battery increased. Some solutions for me?
    wtf? dude that's great, mine barely lasts 6hours with almost everything off (including data) besides wifi.
    01-06-2013 07:07 PM
    I reached an all time high (low?) today. I took my phone off the charger and an hour of baconit (reddit reader) using the flip mode it went down to 25%. I may just leave my reddit browsing to my Surface.
    01-06-2013 10:25 PM
    I know what you're talking about. Everytime I charge my battery overnight and unplug it in the morning, my estimated battery will be 16hrs (the highest) when before I charged it, I was havingover 1 day. I know the estimated battery is wrong and shouldn't be much of a concern, but this is pretty annoying since it will not change back even if I drain it completely. The only way it will go back is if I do a hard reset, which I've done 3 times and is annoying as ****.
    01-10-2013 12:16 PM
    I know what you're talking about. Everytime I charge my battery overnight and unplug it in the morning, my estimated battery will be 16hrs (the highest) when before I charged it, I was havingover 1 day. I know the estimated battery is wrong and shouldn't be much of a concern, but this is pretty annoying since it will not change back even if I drain it completely. The only way it will go back is if I do a hard reset, which I've done 3 times and is annoying as ****.
    Are you sure this reading is not adaptive based on use? After hard reset it has no data so it will give you huge numbers. After some use it has info with which to base time on. It has to be set up this way or it would never be accurate.
    01-10-2013 12:39 PM
    13-14 hours on a smart phone that is actually used, is pretty good IMO. If you barely use the phone and "only" get 13 hours of battery, then does it matter since the phone is barely used ? I use mine throughout the day, email forums various apps ie10, and can get 9-10 hours. Sometimes I throw it on the car charger at lunch, sometimes I dont. Its a smart phone and with normal use isn't going to last days on a single charge.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    01-10-2013 12:57 PM
    I was only getting 14 hours too. Then I stopped using my phone for games, and disabled all gaming updates. Now I get 30 hours, and drop 1%/hr in standby. Games are dumb anyway.
    Last edited by ballanda; 01-10-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    01-10-2013 01:04 PM
34 12