Battery Drain Problem is Nokia Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Because i was posting what I had found after a couple of days of monitoring. Have you actually read the thread or just jumped in my post?

Rodetri

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I had the same issues you guys been having. After reading endless threads about this problem. I did 3 things.
1-full recharge + 2 hours
2-Uninstalled Nokia Music and turned "My Location" (GPS) off
3-Soft reset
This was last evening. Since then I've been using my home Wi-Fi only.
Voila!!

View attachment 26179

Gotta add that i also havent been using bluetooth,nfc,live tiles etc. Only 3 email accounts. Two of them checking email every 2 hours and the other automatically as they come.Also used Whatsapp,Facebook using the "me" tile and Xbox Live.
I'll report tomorrow or the day after with LTE on instead of wi-fi

edited to add: i'm starting to think it has something to do with the gps and all the apps that ask for your location. That constant struggle of finding the phone seems like a huge battery drainer.

I'm more and more inclined to conclude that the gps is the root of all this...Look at my latest battery page screenshot. Same usage,same apps running,same everything except for a little use of LTE and bluetooth for a 20 minute drive to my mom's.

wp_ss_20130105_0001.png

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Because i was posting what I had found after a couple of days of monitoring. Have you actually read the thread or just jumped in my post?

You're asking me if I have read the thread that I posted, quoted, and replied in several times? Do you really need an answer to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Another update to this:

I watched the battery life on my Lumia all day after a reboot yesterday and it remained solid (about 1-2%/hour). Today, I decided to test Metro Radio (Pandora client). I streamed a few songs through my BT speaker, then killed the app and turned off BT.

My Lumia has lost 5% in the last 20 minutes and is now draining much faster. This has to all be related to the music hub. How do we kill whatever is draining without restarting the phone? Stopthemusic does not work. More importantly, when is Microsoft going to recognize this and fix it?

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I regularly play MetroRadio and Nokia Music through my Play 360 BT speaker and have no problems with battery drain.

I find that hard to believe, since I can duplicate this issue literally every time without fail. That being said, we could have different settings. I just turned off the settings to use Xbox cloud and download album art. I'm going to see if that changes anything.

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Then it's possible there is something wrong either with your phone or it's settings. I'm not experiencing it and I also use Stop The Music whenever I'm finished listening.

Rodetri

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm more and more inclined to conclude that the gps is the root of all this...Look at my latest battery page screenshot. Same usage,same apps running,same everything except for a little use of LTE and bluetooth for a 20 minute drive to my mom's.

View attachment 26248

Last progress report before I lay my phone unto the wireless recharger bed...I'll redo the experiment with LTE on instead of Wi-fi after next recharge. So here's how my battery was before today's recharge.

wp_ss_20130106_0001.png

Oh..and btw..It's official (at least for me) TURN OFF THE GPS!! :wink:

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357520234.713571.jpg

Turning off the top 2 options in Xbox music settings seems to have stabilized my battery. I have launched Nokia music twice and exited and my idle drain is now only about 4% per hour.

Ted Ritsick

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had location off for the longest time and still had garbage battery life. I did everything in the book, maybe it was nokia music. We'll find out when my phone comes back from Nokia hopefully this week....

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Okay, guys. Just wanted to come back here and report that my issue is solved.

Disabling the top two options in Xbox Music Hub seems to have done the trick. I still have to completely back out of Nokia Music to avoid the battery drain, but when I do, my idle drain is now normal. Before, even backing out of Nokia Music completely didn't work.

What's odd is that I noticed that even if I back completely out of Nokia Music, it stays playing in the music hub, so it doesn't actually kill it. Either way, I can now confidently use this phone again without worrying about the battery drain.

andjography

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't think Nokia Music was the problem. Well, at least in my case. I had it uninstalled, and my battery(last night) drained from 100% to 4% in 6 hours in standby mode. I woke up this morning in awe not knowing the cause of the problem. My iPhone still has 15% left since I last charge it on January 5(also on standby). I hope Nokia/Microsoft will fix this soon.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Last progress report before I lay my phone unto the wireless recharger bed...I'll redo the experiment with LTE on instead of Wi-fi after next recharge. So here's how my battery was before today's recharge.

View attachment 26297

Oh..and btw..It's official (at least for me) TURN OFF THE GPS!! :wink:

I get the same battery life as you when I turn off my Data and stay on wifi only. Once I turn on data, my battery returns to it's normal nightly need of charge. For me it appears LTE is the cause of battery usage. When it is idle and data is on, I lose 5-8% an hour. When it is idle and data is off, I lose 0% an hour. Tested this on two 920's.

gravage

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Nokia Music was the problem. Well, at least in my case. I had it uninstalled, and my battery(last night) drained from 100% to 4% in 6 hours in standby mode. I woke up this morning in awe not knowing the cause of the problem. My iPhone still has 15% left since I last charge it on January 5(also on standby). I hope Nokia/Microsoft will fix this soon.

For me, it wasn't just Nokia Music. It was literally anything that accessed the Music Hub, which is everything from Nokia Music, to Slacker, to Soundhound, etc. Turning off those two options was the main fix for me.

andjography

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
For me, it wasn't just Nokia Music. It was literally anything that accessed the Music Hub, which is everything from Nokia Music, to Slacker, to Soundhound, etc. Turning off those two options was the main fix for me.

I did everything posted in this forum regarding improving the battery life. I'm currently charging my phone, and will do another test once finished. I just couldn't believe that it only lasted 6 hours without doing anything with it. Oh well, even with battery problem, I'm stickin' with my Lumia 920! :)

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay, guys. Just wanted to come back here and report that my issue is solved.

Disabling the top two options in Xbox Music Hub seems to have done the trick. I still have to completely back out of Nokia Music to avoid the battery drain, but when I do, my idle drain is now normal. Before, even backing out of Nokia Music completely didn't work.

What's odd is that I noticed that even if I back completely out of Nokia Music, it stays playing in the music hub, so it doesn't actually kill it. Either way, I can now confidently use this phone again without worrying about the battery drain.

I'll definitely try this out. Thanks for the detective work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)