Lumia 920 Philippine release?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What I really hate about the late arrival is that there will probably be a new lumia announced... or rumors on march.

Snapdragon recently launched a new chip... there's a new Gorilla glass 3... and a rumored aluminum lumia production. March maybe the date when rumors of a new lumia will be produced running on windows phone 8.5, perhaps? By then, lumia 920 is just recently released in the philippines. Then no one will buy it because they would expect a better phone (Just like what happened to the low sales of the lumia 900 because of the lumia 920's announcement) FAIL CYCLE... CYCLE GOES ON AND ON AND ON until no one will buy a lumia anymore because there will be something better when it's fresh and recently released here. LOL IMO.

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
i don't know yet. I have a crappy phone now and i just can't wait anymore...

Well they knew that this phone will save their company.... they should've prepared. Their last chance... they failed it for me :(

I don't want an HTC8x. I don't want my colors to fade away. I want a lumia 920... obviously the better one.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
i would be using the phone for debugging the app im working on. Really important because it is a thesis project. im infatuated by its features and looks. Anyone knows what kind of warranty does villman give?

ImmortalStrong

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, a bad news has come
" Sales of the sought-after Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 in the Philippines are now expected to commence a little later than we had hoped. Our teams are currently working hard to ensure sufficient supply of both phones for a launch in the latter part of Q1 2013."

What!?!?!?! That's bull****!!!! I waited 3 months for this and skipped other phones... Zzzz

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
What!?!?!?! That's bull****!!!! I waited 3 months for this and skipped other phones... Zzzz

Haha me too! Since its announcement! I KNOW, RIGHT? I've been living with this ****ty champ because i've been waiting for the lumia but now i have to wait 2 months more! WTF, man!

Nokia is very disappointing.

Reui

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
this is a little bit of good news, kimstore dropped their price for the L820, its now available for only PHP 18,400(451$)

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
What I really hate about the late arrival is that there will probably be a new lumia announced... or rumors on march.*
Yes. I'm thinking of that too. The 920's features are future proof though (as for now), but nothing still beats a newer phone haha. Nokia needs to get its act together now because they're trying to regain market share. They should manufacture these Lumias as fast as they were manufacturing 3310s back then. IF this Lumia doesn't come out this January then I'LL BE DIGGING THE GREY MARKET FOR SURE lol. :))

i would be using the phone for debugging the app im working on. Really important because it is a thesis project. im infatuated by its features and looks. Anyone knows what kind of warranty does villman give?
I'm a .NET developer as well and I'm planning on developing for this platform too :)

Speaking of VillMan! I went there awhile ago and was pleading to the smartphone gods that there's a yellow unit there. It was the first time a held a live Lumia 920 (test unit) and wtf it is GLORIOUS (but it is the white one, I can only imagine what yellow looks like) But unsurprisingly, VillMan's stock was also zero for this phone. Heck even the Philippine grey market is out of stock. As for the warranty, I was supposed to ask that but I forgot to because I already got disappointed upon hearing "Out of stock po" :'(*
I just went to a nearby Nokia store and asked for the release date, they're quite sure about the January release, said probably the 2nd or 3rd week, so don't lose hope just yet :)

Haha me too! Since its announcement! I KNOW, RIGHT? I've been living with this ****ty champ because i've been waiting for the lumia but now i have to wait 2 months more! WTF, man!

Nokia is very disappointing.
I feel you guys! I was even tempted to buy the 8X, luckily I saw my friend's blue HTC 8X with a black streak on the back because of fading paint. I just got turned off and will never consider the 8X for good. I like my phone naked.*

this is a little bit of good news, kimstore dropped their price for the L820, its now available for only PHP 18,400(451$)
The L820's actually available in VillMan too. They've got a live red test unit there. But I forgot to ask if there was stock for that phone, and how much it was. Perhaps it's much cheaper in Villman, because the L920 is 2K pesos cheaper there than Kimstore.

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm really starting to wonder now if Nokia Care centers will accept and fix a Lumia 920 with a defect, for example, even if it came from the grey market. I won't mind paying charges, just as long as a Nokia Care center fixes the L920...

ianwasheretoo

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
of curse not, dear. That's the reason why I won't buy a greymarket Lumia 920... only Kimstore can fix it and not a single Nokia Care Center.

Maybe you could ship it to another country? Or go to another country if you're really desperate to have it fixed. HAHA LOL

Andi_N

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Lol a recent article here said new Lumia 920s shipped with Portico installed. So there, I won't dig the grey market and buy a non-Portico phone just to have it flashed (and risk bricking my phone). Nokia PH might be late because they're stocking for these Lumia 920 Portico phones. But still....... They're L-A-T-E :(

albertph

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
**** you guys are lucky for waiting just 3 months. I've been waiting since the 920 was first announced. And yes, I got the same reply from @NokiaPilipinas twitter account; late Q1 2013. This is really ****ing nuts and I'm going crazy. I'm even considering going to HK just to buy one :s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss