I did a search, but couldnt find any info on this.

I have my hotmail account synced with my phone and all that works fine. What I was wondering is if there was a way to disable download of new content from hotmail to the phone and have me just do manual sync instead of the phone checking once a day (or whatever setting I selected). If I uncheck the email sync option in the hotmail settings on the phone, my hotmail icon disappears which isnt what I want.

My older phones had option manual sync only, but I dont see anything like it on 920.

Thanks for the help.
    01-02-2013 12:10 PM
    The hotmail account is the account you signed in to your phone with (the primary account)? As far as I am aware, that main account cannot be set to manual sync, the longest you can delay it is a day. I think only other accounts you've added (extra accounts) are the ones you can set to manually sync.
    01-02-2013 12:22 PM
    The hotmail account is the account you signed in to your phone with (the primary account)? As far as I am aware, that main account cannot be set to manual sync, the longest you can delay it is a day. I think only other accounts you've added (extra accounts) are the ones you can set to manually sync.
    Yes, that is my primary account I signed in with. I guess I could always create a dummy account to use as primary and then use my actual hotmail as secondary and set to manual push.

Thanks for the info :)
    01-02-2013 12:47 PM
    You can set your primary account not to sync email...and then add your Hotmail account as a separate account that syncs email manually (even though they're the same account it lets you do it, I've got mine set up that way).

What I would like is to set non-primary accounts to sync daily, like the primary account lets you, but that option is missing for some reason!
    01-02-2013 12:49 PM
    I didnt know that I can have the same account added twice. I just did this and it works fine. Thanks for the help everyone.
    01-02-2013 02:00 PM