Possible audio problem? As well as headphones where the controls work.

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
After turning off and then turning my phone back on, the problem stopped. But before that, while listening to music through headphones (which I will get to in a second) the audio cut out while showing that the track was still playing. I paused and unplugged the headset and tried again, no music. Other audio bits would still play, like sliding the lock screen up, etc. Any clue why this happened so that I can maybe prevent this in the future?

Headphone related: I bought two pairs of AERIAL7 Tank headphones, which have an integrated mic/control button/clip in the top of the cord by one of the cups. I can pause/play/skip/rewind on my 920. Can also activate TellMe. Not sure about answering calls or volume yet, haven't messed with it much. Anyway, the sound is great. So anyone who is in the market for a pair of headphones that work seamlessly, these are a good option to consider. I'll update with answering calls and all that good stuff at some point too. The Tank headsets are $100 a pop but completely worth it, IMO. They're over-ear.

I just plugged in a pair from one of their older lines and all of the functions noted above work on these as well, so I'd imagine any of their other headphone lines' control button would work on your 920. :smile:

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never experienced the audio problem that you talked about, it sounds like a glitch that cleared itself up with a reset. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it happens all the time, there seem to be little bugs like this throughout the OS.

As for headphones, I've also been looking for a pair that has functioning controls for the Nokia 920. I recently bought the Ultimate Ears 350vm and I like them so far. They have a functioning mic and a control button, there is also a volume slider that works. The only thing is the volume only works within the headset, it doesn't change the system volume of the phone. So for example, I set the phone's volume to 20/30 and I can turn the volume down by using the slider but it always stays 20/30 on the phone. Does anyone have a headset that actually changes the system volume of the phone? I'm guessing the Nokia Purity Headset does this but I didn't feel like spending 100 bucks on a headset.

jammerltu

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I am getting the glitch quite often after coming back from a youtube video or from the camera (stops music for shutter sound), reboot always helps, but its annoying.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss