Lumia 920 photos-is it me going wrong or is it the really the cam?

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone!

First of all, a happy new year to all of you!

Now, regarding the cam on the lumia 920, I don't really understand what is going wrong...Whatever pictures I take, the result has mostly been the same-thry look very bad when I put them on my comp....on the other hand, there are these wonderful pictures floating around the net that people say have been taken with the Lumia 920...I'm beginning to wonder if it is really me who's got it wrong all this time or is there something wrong with the cam? Also, I havent removed the sticker covering the lens on the back of the phone, does this effect the quality of the pics?

Thanks!

Last edited:

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Did you write the thread "Planning to go back to N8 because of the camera"?
Don't go back yet, play a few days with L920's camera WITHOUT the piece of plastic in front of the lens before making decision...

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
lol, troll? My first few pictures with L920 also taken with the stickers still on, when I realized it I was quite embarrassed xD

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't be to embarrassed. The camera will still suck after you remove plastic. Soft daytime pics, blurry low light and glowing eyes are about all I can seem to get consistently. 1 in 10 pics are worth keeping and don't even get me started on adjusting settings. I've tried them all and still no consistency.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't be to embarrassed. The camera will still suck after you remove plastic. Soft daytime pics, blurry low light and glowing eyes are about all I can seem to get consistently. 1 in 10 pics are worth keeping and don't even get me started on adjusting settings. I've tried them all and still no consistency.

I've been taking GREAT pics, low-light and otherwise, with mine. I'm not sure what's wrong with your's. I have a micro-fiber cloth that I've had to use to clean the lens once when I first removed the plastic because I accidentally smudged it. Have you tried that?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been taking GREAT pics, low-light and otherwise, with mine. I'm not sure what's wrong with your's. I have a micro-fiber cloth that I've had to use to clean the lens once when I first removed the plastic because I accidentally smudged it. Have you tried that?

I have spent more time on 920 camera issues than I spent getting my Surface and Win 8 laptop setup and running right. I know the camera can give me quality pics, I just can't get them consistent enough. I spend more time deleting blurry pics and post editing glowing eyes. I just want a point and click camera that works.

ynight

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I have spent more time on 920 camera issues than I spent getting my Surface and Win 8 laptop setup and running right. I know the camera can give me quality pics, I just can't get them consistent enough. I spend more time deleting blurry pics and post editing glowing eyes. I just want a point and click camera that works.
So you need to spend a lot time getting your surface and win 8 machines to just run right....?I don't know..but it really seems to be only you.......I do agree with the pictures taken being not as consitent as I'd like it to be however, but that's also the case with my $2000 stand alone DSLR ( I use full auto on that as well........). I mean come on, it's a camera, not magic..You will most likely get good ones and bad ones at times, but for me, the good ones are really great and the bad ones are rare, that's quite a good job already,

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss