Can't post here on my 920 (Keyboard pops up, then disappears)

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thread title says it all. If I try to post here with my 920, I can type the thread subject, but when I attempt to type in the body, the keyboard pops up, then disappears! WpCentral is the only forum it does this in. Anyone else have this problem?

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the forum. I have 3 forums that I visit that does this.
However, 2 are visible on a Board app. And if you enjoy WP Central, get the WP Central app, its great!

It has something to do with the board software I presume - when viewing in your browser. Have you tried another browser or just IE?

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Try setting your browser to desktop mode instead of mobile via the settings in IE. Some boards seem to work fine in mobile mode and some don't.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Try setting your browser to desktop mode instead of mobile via the settings in IE. Some boards seem to work fine in mobile mode and some don't.

I ALWAYS have it running desktop mode and it still doesn't work. That was the first thing I tried too. :)
Not sure what changed, but I put the mode into mobile, closed, then back into desktop, and the forum it didn't work on, NOW works.

Odd, but its fixed for me.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Same happens here but there is a knack to getting the keyboard to stay on screen. I did it just now to write this post.

It's basically a timed double tap. First tap to initiate the keyboard, and as soon as u see it pop up from the bottom of the screen just tap again in the textbox. Takes a bit of getting used to but you will get a feel for it once u try.

Discovered this fix by pure frustration when tapping the box frantically in rage.

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Same happens here but there is a knack to getting the keyboard to stay on screen. I did it just now to write this post.

It's basically a timed double tap. First tap to initiate the keyboard, and as soon as u see it pop up from the bottom of the screen just tap again in the textbox. Takes a bit of getting used to but you will get a feel for it once u try.

Discovered this fix by pure frustration when tapping the box frantically in rage.

LOL. That actually worked!
Now if we could understand WHY it does this, even better.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It happens with IE10 on Window 8 tablet also. This is a known problem with several sites and/or IE10's virtual keyboard handling.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb