How do you deal with the scratches?

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My L920 got dropped twice after 3 weeks of use. It turned out it's not that solid and I could really use a case and screen protector (Yeah, I regret not using them). There are 2 corners damaged and 2 scratches on the glass, luckily not right above the screen. How do you guys deal with the scratches? Is there anything to fix that? I doubt it because toothpaste is just a 'legend' that never work on this kind of glass. But it could be an interesting thing to discuss.

coldside

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Same. After a month, my Lumia 920 is battered. Two corners are dented, one of which I had no idea happened (probably slid off the table over night and my gf picked it up). As such, the frame is slightly squeaky around the top and bottom. My screen is slightly scratched probably from contact with my jacket zipper. I really regret not getting a screen protector and a case now.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine has all four corners dented and the sim tray doesn't sit right, because a demented chick threw it across the road.

But it still looks great and I'm getting Nokia to replace the shell, it's just $$$ so if you don't like the scratches replace the case then take better care of it. Or take to it with paint or sandpaper to make it a truly unique phone.

i don't know they can do it. how much does it cost?

LordXaero

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Which is why I bought the Otterbox Commuter Case not too long after purchase. It's funny, cause just the other day my phone slipped out of my hand and on the ground it went. The case took the fall, and the phone is fine.

I don't care how nice looking the phone is; a case is a must. Too expensive otherwise.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I have chosen to go the route of "ignorance is bliss". Meaning if I were to drop it or accidentally think I "scratched" it, I choose not to examine/pay detail to it. I own a White Lumia, so it makes that easier, but the day I start looking for scratches is the day I start becoming paranoid about such things.

hyedefinition

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I have chosen to go the route of "ignorance is bliss". Meaning if I were to drop it or accidentally think I "scratched" it, I choose not to examine/pay detail to it. I own a White Lumia, so it makes that easier, but the day I start looking for scratches is the day I start becoming paranoid about such things.
Easy to ignore unless you have a scratch right in the middle of the screen staring back at ypu everytime.

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
Scratches, dents and dings are gonna happen. Most of the time you can ignore them.
Unsightly abrasions, like when I dropped my Lumia 920 and the corners were scuffed up, I usually get a black sharpie to mask the scuff marks.

Scratches on the screen are a different story.... they suck.
Luckily, the hair line scratch on the screen is in line with the edge of the tiles on my Start Screen and barely visible. Not sure if I would be so forgiving if it was in the middle of the screen though.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I did not buy a case for my 920 because I'm careful enough with my phones when it comes to dropping them and I can't imagine hiding such a beautiful phone in some case. However, no matter how hard I try to protect my phone screens, they always end up scratched, so I did go ahead and buy a screen protector. The naked glass does feel much better than the screen protector, but it's worth it. Screen scratches are the worst since the screen is what you pay the most attention to on a phone. You won't notice the dents/body scratches as much as would notice screen scratches.

As for how I deal with scratches... I just try my best to forget about them and pretend they aren't there. I luckily have not had any severe scratches on any of my phones, so maybe I'm not experienced enough with scratches to be able to comment.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I did not buy a case for my 920 because I'm careful enough with my phones when it comes to dropping them and I can't imagine hiding such a beautiful phone in some case. However, no matter how hard I try to protect my phone screens, they always end up scratched, so I did go ahead and buy a screen protector. The naked glass does feel much better than the screen protector, but it's worth it. Screen scratches are the worst since the screen is what you pay the most attention to on a phone. You won't notice the dents/body scratches as much as would notice screen scratches.

As for how I deal with scratches... I just try my best to forget about them and pretend they aren't there. I luckily have not had any severe scratches on any of my phones, so maybe I'm not experienced enough with scratches to be able to comment.

Yeah, I have obvious scratches on top and down side of the screen. Although they are not on the screen but they do make me crazy. OK. I might have OCD....

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Speaking of cases and screen covers for scratches...
My phone was fine for the few weeks I had it until stopping by the phone case cart at the local mall while Christmas shopping. I shouldn't have handed the girl my phone. She placed it screen down, opened the doors above it and dragged a pile of ugly, random phone cases off of a shelf onto my phone. I stopped her and asked wtf are you doing my phone is under there but I don't think she under stood. Had to grab her arm to stop her. Felt weird doing it but she was not stopping. Other woman working cart came around and asked what was going on and drags the pile to the side. I again ask wtf, louder. Shoppers stop, kid on Santa crying. I ask her to clear the pile and give me my phone back. Phone has three scratches horizontally across the screen, same direction the pile was dragged. I'm still bull poop when I see them with a dark screen in the right light for not demanding them to repair it replace it. If I scratched it I could care less. I didn't even want a dang case, just figured maybe I'd buy the cheapest they had to give them some business during the holiday.

Don't buy a phone case at the bedazzled case cart in the mall.

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
That's too bad. Especially she didn't do it on purpose, we can't blame her that much. I wish we can have a phone stronger that can be more resistant. At least not 100%, but 95% for daily damages. Otherwise, the 'natural beauty' of the body design is just a matter of time.

steeleblue

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I had Ghost Armor full body put on mine. I have a red 920 and I chose the clear. You have to look very closely to even see that it's there. Screen is perfectly smooth. It won't protect from drops but it most certainly protects from scratches. Adds no weight at all. I don't worry about dropping my phone. If it do, then I do. But I do hate scratches. I don't like to have to baby my phone. With the GA I feel fine just throwing it in my pocket or purse, or laying it down on any surface knowing that it won't scratch.

Mazinger

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
if you can cough out $6, try buying a small tube of polywatch. I use it for my watch crystals and it works like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo